Iran to hold conference over Gaza crisisMarch 3rd, 2009 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, March 3 (IANS) Iran will hold an international conference to discuss the humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip following the 22-day military offensive by Israel, IRNA reported Tuesday.
The two-day conference, starting Wednesday, will be attended by some 80 delegates
from around the world, Iran’s parliament (Majlis) Speaker Ali Larijani told reporters here.
Larijani said the conference was aimed at exposing Israel’s alleged war crimes in the Gaza Strip and to find effective ways to provide aid to Gaza residents who have been suffering from severe humanitarian crisis following the “Israeli aggression”.
“The issue of Palestine is a matter which should be considered from the Arabic, Islamic and humanitarian point of view,” the Iranian speaker said.
The conference will be inaugurated by Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
- Iran hails Iraq's 'growing influence' - Apr 24, 2012
- Iran's supreme leader backs Kashmir 'struggle' (Lead) - Nov 19, 2010
- Khamenei orders institute to control cyberspace - Mar 08, 2012
- Iran makes arrests in scientist's killing - Jan 16, 2012
- Ahmadinejad shows whose boss by sacking Iran's foreign minister - Dec 14, 2010
- Iran to 'powerfully' respond to a US attack - Nov 10, 2011
- Is Iran President Ahmadinejad about to resign over row with Khamenei? - Apr 30, 2011
- Meira Kumar meets Iranian President Ahmadinejad - Nov 05, 2011
- Iran not pursuing n-arms, says Khamenei - Feb 22, 2012
- Iran, North Korea call for expanded ties - Sep 01, 2012
- Iranian leader calls on Arabs to stop 'Zionist wolves' - Dec 28, 2008
- Planned rally to support revolts draws Iranians anger - Feb 10, 2011
- Khamenei rebuffs Ahmadinejad on official's dismissal - Apr 21, 2011
- Ahmadinejad predicts failure of Mideast talks - Sep 03, 2010
- Iran marks 33rd anniversary of Islamic Revolution - Feb 12, 2012
Tags: ali khamenei, ali larijani, ayatollah ali khamenei, delegates, gaza strip, humanitarian crisis, iran, irna, israel, israeli aggression, mahmoud ahmadinejad, majlis speaker, palestine, parliament, point of view, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, supreme leader ayatollah, supreme leader ayatollah ali khamenei, tehran, war crimes