Iran tells Obama to understand the ‘new Middle East’ (Lead)January 21st, 2009 - 2:28 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Jan 21 (IANS) Iran’s Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki has said that new US President Barack Obama should try to understand the “new Middle East which was emerging”, Iran’s IRNA news agency reported Wednesday. Mottaki Tuesday said that the traditional ways of looking into Middle East issues would no longer work.
He added that the US administration needs to hire a new team of Middle East experts that would help the American president make logical decisions on topics relating to the Middle East.
The foreign minister said that Obama needs to admit that the policies adopted on different world issues particularly those relating to the Middle East by previous US governments, especially in the past eight years, were the real reason of the present global attitude of “harsh criticism of the US policies and statesmen”.
Commenting on the future of Iran-US ties, Mottaki said Iran would prefer to follow its long-standing policy of monitoring the performance and the practical policies of the US administration.
- Iran says Israel behind Quran burning plan - Sep 09, 2010
- Ahmadinejad shows whose boss by sacking Iran's foreign minister - Dec 14, 2010
- Iranian foreign minister sacked - Dec 13, 2010
- Iran to issue visas for mothers of detained US hikers - May 11, 2010
- Bullying powers no longer effective: Iran - Jun 26, 2010
- Why India should avoid landing in hot waters of Hurmuz (Comment) - Jan 01, 2012
- Iran to review ties with Britain: Foreign minister - Jan 18, 2010
- US turning countries against Iran: Ahmadinejad - Apr 05, 2012
- Iran, North Korea call for expanded ties - Sep 01, 2012
- Iranian president embarks on Latin American tour (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Iran not to pursue n-bomb production - May 31, 2012
- India welcomes Iran-P5 engagement: Manmohan Singh - Nov 26, 2009
- Iran hopes new French president will reconsider past policies - May 07, 2012
- China likely to replace India in Iran-Pak gas pipeline project - Feb 06, 2010
- Iran nuclear-programme could start cold war: Hague - Feb 18, 2012
Tags: american president, barack obama, different world, east lead, foreign minister, global attitude, governments, harsh criticism, iran, irna news agency, jan 21, logical decisions, manouchehr mottaki, middle east experts, real reason, statesmen, tehran