INLD members suspended, evicted from Haryana assemblyAugust 23rd, 2011 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 23 (IANS) All 31 legislators of the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) were evicted and suspended from the Haryana assembly Tuesday after they protested inside the house.
Speaker Kuldeep Sharma ordered the house marshals to physically remove the INLD legislators when they refused to leave the house after being asked to do so by him.
The speaker also suspended the 31 INLD legislators for the remainder of the session. The three-day assembly session ends Wednesday.
The INLD legislators were protesting inside the house seeking that the state assembly pass a resolution in support of Anna Hazare’s anti-corruption campaign and urging the central government to table the Jan Lokpal bill in parliament.
Due to the vociferous protests by the INLD legislators, the house had to be adjourned at least four times Tuesday.
- Suspended INLD lawmakers hold 'parallel' session - Aug 24, 2011
- Anna Hazare figures in Haryana assembly - Aug 19, 2011
- Haryana speaker calls opposition leaders, suspension revoked (LEAD) - Mar 10, 2010
- 30 legislators suspended from Haryana assembly - Sep 07, 2010
- Confusion over 'suspended' status of Haryana opposition - Mar 09, 2010
- Haryana opposition suspended for rest of session - Mar 08, 2010
- Team Anna members to stage protest in Delhi (Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Bypolls for two Haryana assembly seats Nov 30 - Nov 01, 2011
- MPs outraged over Team Anna's remarks, Lok Sabha adjourned (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- MPs outraged over Anna's remarks, Lok Sabha adjourned (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Pack jails for Lokpal, says Anna; gets partial political backing - Dec 11, 2011
- Haryana opposition suspended for rest of session (Lead) - Mar 08, 2010
- Bill not tabled in a hurry: Pranab - Dec 27, 2011
- Deadlock continues in Andhra assembly (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Hazare is impatient, says Congress - Dec 26, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, assembly session, central government, corruption, house speaker, inld, kuldeep, least four times, legislators, lok, lokpal bill, marshals, parliament, protests, remainder, state assembly