INLD demands judicial probe into Haryana SEZ ’scandal’August 12th, 2009 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 12 (IANS) Haryana Special Economic Zones (SEZs) project is “the biggest land scandal in the history of India” and the alleged scam should be probed a high level judicial official, the opposition Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) said Wednesday.
INLD general secretary Ajay Chautala said the ruling Congress had grabbed poor farmers’ land on the false assurances of creating 200,000 jobs through these SEZs.
“Haryana Chief Minister (Bhupinder Singh Hooda) was talking about the generation of over two lakh jobs and investment worth millions of rupees in Haryana. All these claims fell flat as till date no SEZ has been completed,” said the son of former Haryana chief minister Om Parkash Chautala.
“If we talk about only Reliance SEZ, then it is alone a fraud of over Rs.100,000 crore. In the past, their deadline had been extended two times and now they are again demanding an extension of two more years,” which he said was unlawful.
“We demand a high-level inquiry by a Supreme Court or high court judge into Haryana SEZs. We believe that it is the biggest land-scandal in the history of India,” Chautala said.
In the April-May Lok Sabha elections, the INLD failed to win even a single seat in the state. The ruling Congress got nine out of 10 Lok Sabha constituencies in Haryana.
The INLD leader said there are nearly two dozen SEZs in the state where builders have only erected four-walls just to grab the land of poor farmers at throwaway prices.
- INLD demands judicial probe into villager's murder - Jun 10, 2011
- Chautala attacks Congress for acquiring fertile land for projects - Sep 02, 2010
- INLD seeks judicial probe into Haryana land scam - Jan 26, 2011
- Hooda government selling state to land mafia: INLD - Aug 30, 2012
- 'Hooda falsely implicated me to grab power' - Jun 01, 2012
- Campaigning for Hisar by-poll ends - Oct 11, 2011
- Bishnoi races towards victory in Hisar, Congress third - Oct 17, 2011
- Haryana panel formed on takeover of Chautala trusts - Aug 24, 2011
- Nuclear power or not? Leaders fight it out (Haryana Newsletter) - Jul 20, 2012
- Hisar bypoll: Hooda has lot at stake - Sep 25, 2011
- Hisar police chief transferred before election - Oct 05, 2011
- Hisar votes Thursday in a crucial by-election - Oct 12, 2011
- All eyes on Hisar - to fill Bhajan Lal's shoes - Sep 11, 2011
- Rajya Sabha polls for two Haryana seats July 10 - Jun 23, 2010
- Suspended INLD lawmakers hold 'parallel' session - Aug 24, 2011
Tags: ajay, assurances, chautala, chief minister, court judge, crore, economic zones, four walls, general secretary, history of india, hooda, inld, judicial probe, lakh jobs, lok sabha constituencies, lok sabha elections, poor farmers, rupees, scandal, throwaway prices