Injustice done to my innocent kids: D.P. YadavMay 28th, 2008 - 7:53 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) Mafia-boss-turned-politician D.P. Yadav said injustice was done to his son Vikas and nephew Vishal, who were Wednesday convicted for the murder of Nitish Katara in 2002. Additional Sessions Judge Ravindra Kaur Wednesday held the cousins guilty in the murder case. The sentence will be pronounced May 30.
Speaking to reporters after the verdict, D.P. Yadav said: “I was in my lawyer’s chamber in the court when the verdict was announced. The court read out the verdict before our turn came. I had submitted a petition in the high court, and though the lower court was aware of it, the verdict was given.”
D.P. Yadav, an Uttar Pradesh legislator and former Rajya Sabha member, had moved the Delhi High Court contending that the testimony of one of the prosecution witnesses, Ajay Katara, was unreliable.
In a newspaper sting operation, Ajay was shown purportedly confessing that he did not see Vikas and Vishal taking Nitish away from a marriage party in Ghaziabad on the night of Feb 17, 2002, when Nitish was last seen alive. His body was found in Khurja, in Bulandshahar district, later.
“Injustice has been done to my innocent kids,” D.P. Yadav said.
When asked who could be behind this “injustice”, he said: “Some rich, powerful people and bureaucrats have done this.”
Nitish Katara was last seen in public Feb 17, 2002, at the marriage ceremony of his friend Shivani Gaur in Ghaziabad. Vikas, Vishal and their sister Bharti, who was a close friend of Nitish, were also present.
The prosecution says the two cousins did not approve of Bharti’s close relationship with Nitish Katara, son of an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer.
D.P. Yadav said he would approach the higher courts to seek justice for his son and nephew.
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict - Jul 17, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Court orders medical inspection of Nitish Katara killers - Feb 02, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records - Feb 01, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Verdict on third accused Wednesday - Jul 05, 2011
- Vikas Yadav wants four days leave from jail - Nov 09, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Third accused held guilty - Jul 06, 2011
- Give death to Nitish Katara killers, police tell court - Aug 28, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal to pay Rs.16 lakh for security - Mar 16, 2012
- Vikas Yadav gets one day's leave from jail (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- Sukhdev Pehalwan gets life term for Nitish Katara murder (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Death term sought for Katara murder convict - Jan 20, 2012
- Death term sought for Katara murder convict (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal Yadav's bail plea rejected - Feb 24, 2011
Tags: bharti, d p yadav, delhi high court, gaur, ghaziabad, indian administrative service, innocent kids, kaur, khurja, mafia boss, marriage ceremony, marriage party, murder case, nitish katara, prosecution witnesses, rajya sabha member, ravindra, sting operation, vikas, vishal