Indian Justice Party seeks Mayawati’s supportDecember 4th, 2008 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 4 (IANS) The Indian Justice Party (IJP) has called upon the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati to support it in protesting against the alleged anti-Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST) policies of the central government. “This (United Progressive Alliance) government has done nothing for the upliftment of the SCs and STs and we request the chief minister to support us in protesting the current policies of this government as she claims to be our true mentor,” Udit Raj, the national president of the IJP, told reporters in Lucknow Thursday.
“Over 500,000 members of the All India Confederation of SC/ST Organisations will reach New Delhi Dec 15 and we will hold a rally to expose the anti-SC/ST UPA government,” Raj added.
“The UPA government, when it came to power, announced various schemes for the SC/ST in collaboration with various industrial bodies like CII and Assocham. But none has been implemented as yet,” Raj claimed.
Terming the removal of Shivraj Patil and Vilasrao Deshmukh as a gimmick, Raj demanded the overhaul of the entire machinery.
“We demand the removal of the chiefs of all the intelligence and police machinery as they have completely failed,” Raj added.
- Udit Raj welcomes decision on Lokpal reservations - Dec 21, 2011
- Rape cases against SC and ST women increasing - Mar 13, 2012
- Government's view sought on poor students' admission to KVs - Mar 10, 2012
- Dalits protest against Jan Lokpal bill - Aug 24, 2011
- Anna's support for Dalits half hearted: Udit Raj - Nov 11, 2011
- Court notice to Kendriya Vidyalayas on admitting poor students - Feb 09, 2012
- 'Include Dalits, minorities in Lokpal panel' - Sep 20, 2011
- Mayawati demands constitution amendment for SC/ST quota (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Dalit groups submit their version of Lokpal bill - Sep 02, 2011
- Posts for SCs, STs lie vacant in central universities - Aug 20, 2012
- Dalits push their version of Lokpal bill - Oct 15, 2011
- Not against Anna, want representation in Lokpal: Dalit group - Aug 26, 2011
- Dalits to rally for Bahujan Lokpal bill - Aug 24, 2011
- Delhi to increase loan amount for minorities, Dalits - Nov 16, 2011
- Minority institutions can't be forced to implement teachers' quota: Court - Jul 16, 2010