India welcomes US remarks declaring Pakistan epicentre of terrorismJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 12:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 23 (IANS) Continuing its diplomatic offensive against Pakistan, India Friday welcomed the US remarks saying Pakistan in the “epicentre of terrorism” and called upon the world to take action against terror from Pakistani soil.Defence minister A.K. Antony Friday expressed his satisfaction with the US realisation that global terrorism emanates from Pakistan.
“More than 30 terror outfits are active in Pakistan. It is good that the world has realised that Pakistan is the epicentre of terrorism,” Antony told reporters here.
“Now the world must take action against the terror from Pakistani soil,” he said.
US President Barack Obama Thursday said Islamist extremists in Pakistan and Afghanistan posed a grave threat that his new administration would tackle as a single problem under a wider strategy.
The defence minister reiterated that the Indian armed forces are in a state of “preparedness”.
- India seeks strong action against Pakistan-based terrorism (Lead) - Jan 23, 2009
- PM reviews security threat from Pakistan, China (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Manmohan asks Pakistan to 'control monster of terror' (Lead) - May 28, 2011
- Pakistan asked to act against elements linked to 26/11: Krishna - Aug 03, 2011
- John Kerry to ask Pakistan to rein in jihadi groups (Lead) - Feb 15, 2010
- Antony asks troops along Pakistan border to defeat any 'misadventure' - May 02, 2011
- Clinton clarifies 'serious consequences' remark by saying Pak must hit 'common enemy' - May 15, 2010
- Wish to resolve all issues with Pakistan: PM (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- 26/11 perpetrators should be brought to justice: British minister - Nov 22, 2010
- Pak needs to take a strong action against terrorists operating from its soil: Antony - Oct 10, 2009
- India concerned at China-Pakistan military links - Nov 27, 2009
- Neighbours can't be changed, says Antony - May 28, 2011
- Pakistan must destroy terror camps: Antony (Lead) - May 28, 2011
- No action taken on troops' movement to Delhi: Antony - Apr 30, 2012
- Mumbai terror attack underscores India's vulnerability (Comment) - Jul 16, 2011
Tags: action against terror, afghanistan, antony, barack obama, defence minister, epicentre, global terrorism, grave threat, indian armed forces, islamist extremists, new administration, New Delhi, pakistan india, preparedness, satisfaction, soil