India sinking into morass of corruption: Karan SinghFebruary 10th, 2011 - 9:50 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Feb 10 (IANS) Veteran Congress leader and Rajya Sabha member Karan Singh Thursday said that India was gradually “sinking into a morass of corruption”. Speaking as a guest speaker in a lecture series sponsored by the Goa government, he said that India had turned away from its founding ideals of Satyameva Jayate’ (Truth alone triumphs).
“For a nation built on the principle of Satyameva Jayate, we are now sinking into a morass of corruption,” said a visibly disenchanted Karan Singh.
His comments come at a time when a succession of corruption scandals have embarrassed the Congress-led central government, forcing Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to admit that graft was denting India’s global image.
- Mining lobby, politicians tried to hijack Hegde's events: Activists - Apr 26, 2011
- Anna effect: Goa ministers asked to observe 'bribe free day' - Aug 18, 2011
- Congress facing dual incumbency in Goa: Jaitley - Jan 15, 2012
- Goa has failed to keep promises, says Congress official - Apr 01, 2011
- Court quashes bribery case against Yeddyurappa (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Chhattisgarh Left parties rally behind Anna - Aug 23, 2011
- Quartet of 'great economists' has failed India: Venkaiah Naidu - Jan 31, 2012
- People brave rain to hear Advani blast UPA's corruption - Oct 30, 2011
- Mamata's fire and bluster scorches Goa poll scene (Goa Newsletter) - Jan 11, 2012
- Dalai Lama blames Karmapa aide for cash, land scam - Feb 07, 2011
- Outspoken PM wins no new friends - Jun 30, 2011
- PM doesn't get even 25/100 in handling economy: Gadkari - Feb 27, 2012
- India's winter of discontent (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 26, 2010
- No jobs offered to ex-BJP legislator, says Goa Congress - Sep 13, 2011
- Chavan had to go, how can Pacheco come, ask Goa Congress dissidents - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: central government, congress leader, corruption scandals, global image, goa government, graft, guest speaker, India, lecture series, manmohan, manmohan singh, morass, panaji, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, principle, rajya sabha member, succession, truth alone triumphs, veteran