‘Include Dalits, minorities in Lokpal panel’September 20th, 2011 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 20 (IANS) Dalit group All India Confederation of SC/ST Organisations Tuesday urged the government to give representation to backwards and minorities in the proposed Lokpal panel.
Presenting his ‘Bahujan Lokpal bill’, group’s chairman Udit Raj said: “The government should give representation to these communities not only in the Lokpal committee but also in the process of its selection.”
Raj said he will Saturday submit his version of the anti-graft law to the parliamentary panel examining the Lokpal bill.
He added that corporates too should be brought within the ambit of the Lokpal.
Raj said enormous funds are allocated to schemes for these communities, but development is hampered due to corruption, diversion of funds and misutilisation.
- Not against Anna, want representation in Lokpal: Dalit group - Aug 26, 2011
- Anna's support for Dalits half hearted: Udit Raj - Nov 11, 2011
- Dalit groups submit their version of Lokpal bill - Sep 02, 2011
- Dalits push their version of Lokpal bill - Oct 15, 2011
- Dalits to rally for Bahujan Lokpal bill - Aug 24, 2011
- Udit Raj welcomes decision on Lokpal reservations - Dec 21, 2011
- A protest against Team Anna goes unheeded - Dec 11, 2011
- Lokpal panel likely to finalise report Nov 30 - Nov 28, 2011
- Lokpal panel still divided on inclusion of PM (Lead) - Nov 30, 2011
- No delay on Lokpal bill: Singhvi - Dec 06, 2011
- Lokpal panel still divided on inclusion of PM (Second Lead) - Nov 30, 2011
- Dalits protest against Jan Lokpal bill - Aug 24, 2011
- After Lokpal, hope floats for quota in women's bill - Dec 25, 2011
- Government plans Lokpal bill in winter session; Anna threatens agitation - Dec 15, 2011
- Experts differ with Jan Lokpal bill provisions - Sep 25, 2011