Imran Khan warns of march over drone killingsJuly 15th, 2012 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 15 (IANS) Imran Khan has said he will lead a peace march to north Waziristan to let the world know how the US was killing “innocent Pakistanis”.
Addressing a public meeting to protest restoration of NATO supply routes, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) chief Khan said the participants of the march would include human rights activists and journalists and it would visit Waziristan in September, Daily Times reported.
The aim is to let the media meet the violence-affected families, whose loved ones lost their lives in drone attacks, he said while criticising the Pakistan government for fighting the “American war”.
“The people being killed in these drone strikes were the citizens of this country. The government should make their names public,” said Khan.
The PTI chief also renewed the party’s and his personal stance over the issue of executive-judiciary tussle, siding with the Supreme Court in case the government tried to undermine the apex court.
“We will come to Islamabad with ‘tsunami march’ if the government tried to undermine the sanctity of the Supreme Court,” Khan said.
The people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province had pinned many hopes on Awami National Party (ANP), but all it did was to indulge in loot and plunder by joining hands with President Zardari, he said.
On July 3, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Pakistan has decided to re-open NATO supply routes to Afghanistan. The development came after she expressed her “deepest regrets” to Pakistan for a drone strike last November that claimed the lives of 24 security personnel.
- Pak re-opens NATO supply route in Peshawar - Apr 25, 2011
- Pak public should come out on streets against US drone attacks: Shahbaz Sharif - Apr 27, 2011
- Imran Khan sets 30 days deadline over US drone strikes - Apr 25, 2011
- Imran's party threatens to block NATO supplies - Mar 26, 2011
- Imran threatens to obstruct NATO supplies if Pak Govt doesn't stop US drone campaign - Mar 26, 2011
- Imran Khan demands judicial inquiry into US drone strikes - Dec 19, 2009
- US resumes drone attacks in Pakistan - Jan 12, 2012
- Will halt US drone strikes: Imran Khan - Feb 11, 2012
- Pak suspends NATO supplies to Afghanistan due to protests against US drone attacks - Apr 24, 2011
- Thousands protest Pakistan's reopening of NATO supply route - Jul 17, 2012
- Pakistani Islamic groups oppose NATO supply lines' reopening - Jul 05, 2012
- Pak Punjab Govt. involved in by-poll rigging: Imran - Jul 09, 2010
- No secret deal with US on NATO route reopening: Khar - Jul 05, 2012
- Pak Punjab's anti-media resolution not first PML-N assault on media: Imran - Jul 12, 2010
- Midterm polls only solution to Pakistan's problems: Imran Khan - Jun 27, 2011
Tags: american war, anp, apex court, drone, hillary clinton, human rights activists, imran khan, joining hands, last november, north waziristan, pakistan government, pakistan tehreek e insaaf, pakistanis, peace march, plunder, sanctity, security personnel, tehreek e insaaf, tussle, us secretary of state