I’m considering BJP’s privilege notice: SpeakerMarch 22nd, 2011 - 12:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 22 (IANS) Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said Tuesday that she has received the privilege notice by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
“The matter is under my consideration. I have received the notice at about 10,” Meira Kumar told the Lok Sabha.
The BJP has moved the breach of privilege motion against the prime minister for allegedly misleading the house on the findings of the house panel that probed the cash-for-votes scam in 2008.
Meira Kumar added that she will soon give her ruling on the matter.
- WikiLeaks: Walkout in Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha adjourned (Roundup) - Mar 22, 2011
- BJP to serve breach of privilege notice against PM - Mar 21, 2011
- BJP moves privilege notice against PM in cash-for-vote scam - Mar 22, 2011
- Discussion on cash-for-votes scam as important as Finance Bill: Jaitley - Mar 22, 2011
- BJP targets Chidambaram in parliament (Roundup) - Dec 20, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Police file supplementary chargesheet - Sep 30, 2011
- Lok Sabha adjourned after opposition angers Pranab - May 10, 2012
- BJP submits privilege motion against Chidambaram - Dec 20, 2011
- Cash-for-votes scam: Congress pulls up BJP for disrupting Parliamentary proceedings - Mar 22, 2011
- Uproar in Parliament over PM privilege motion - Mar 22, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Order on bail plea of five accused Nov 16 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- Meira Kumar sanctions prosecution of BJP MP Ashok Argal (Lead) - Sep 30, 2011
- Government agrees to discuss PM's statement on WikiLeaks - Mar 23, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Kulkarni, four others walk out of Tihar (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- Joshi, Bansal exchange barbs - Aug 24, 2011