Ignore Ramdev’s rants: CongressMay 3rd, 2012 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 3 (IANS) Describing yoga guru Baba Ramdev’s controversial jibe at MPs as against Indian culture, the Congress Thursday appealed to the media to ignore such persons.
“Such remarks are against Indian culture… media should ignore their remarks,” Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters.
He said the yoga guru’s remark that the MPs were “dacoits and murderers” was not only an insult to parliament but to the people as well.
Addressing mediapersons while launching his month-long yatra in Chhattisgarh’s Durg area Tuesday, Ramdev said that MPs “are those people who don’t care, don’t love the farmers, the labourers or the people of this country”.
“They are friends and slaves of money. They are illiterate, dacoits and murderers. They are devils in the form of humans, who we have elected to those posts,” he said.
The yoga guru also said there were good people among parliamentarians and he respected them.
- Ramdev remark angers MPs (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Case against Ramdev: Court asks police to file reply (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- SP MP wants action for remarks against MPs - May 02, 2012
- Don't need certificate from politicians: Ramdev - Sep 20, 2011
- Ramdev trains guns on Chidambaram - Sep 27, 2011
- Congress out to malign me: Ramdev - Sep 09, 2012
- Tendulkar nomination a Congress ploy, says Ramdev - Apr 28, 2012
- Case against Ramdev: Court asks police to file reply - May 22, 2012
- Kamal Nath joins Ramdev's fight against corruption - May 23, 2011
- Have not said anything wrong, says Kejriwal - Mar 26, 2012
- Digvijay Singh faces complaint for Ramdev remark - Jan 19, 2012
- Government, BJP cross swords over verdict on Ramdev rally - Feb 23, 2012
- Civil society members condemn police action against Ramdev - Jun 05, 2011
- Rakhi Sawant visits parliament - Mar 12, 2012
- Ramdev determined to fast; PM, Sonia mull ways to dissuade him (Roundup) - Jun 02, 2011
Tags: alvi, chhattisgarh, culture media, dacoits, durg, farmers, indian culture, insult, labourers, mps, murderers, New Delhi, parliament, parliamentarians, rants, rashid, slaves, spokesperson, yatra, yoga guru