ICT blocks Thaksin websiteDecember 8th, 2007 - 1:49 am ICT by admin
Bangkok, 07 December, 2007 (PRD), The Information and Communication Technology Ministry (ICT) has blocked www.hi-thaksin.net as requested by the Election Commission (EC). The ‘www.hi-thaksin.net’ website is allegedly a website supporting theories of the deposed prime minister Dr Thaksin Shinawatra.
According to the ministry, the website has video clips and articles strongly criticizing Election Commissioner Sodsri Sattayathum (สดศรี สัตยธรรม). The website has been closed down during the early hours.
Meanwhile, Secretary-General of the People Power Party Suraphong Suebwonglee (สุรพงษ์ สืบวงศ์ลี) says he has no idea who posed a video clip saying that the deposed premier will work for the country again if the party leader, Samak Sundavej (สมัคร สุนทรเวช), is elected as prime minister. He also calls on the webmaster to promote the party’s policy if he supports People Power.
Source : National News Bureau Public Relations Department
- Federation of Thai Industries President supports MD Surapong or Mr. Somchai as new PM - Sep 13, 2008
- EC calls for closure of hi-thaksin.net - Dec 06, 2007
- PPP minister confident party will have time to gather evidence to plead dissolution case in court - Sep 02, 2008
- Cabinet approves preparations for public referendum - Sep 04, 2008
- PAD accepts public referendum proposal, remains adamant that Cabinet resigns - Sep 04, 2008
- PAD assembly area at Government House remains lively - Sep 03, 2008
- Thai Airways passengers drop by 10% due to political unrest - Sep 02, 2008
- People Power Party leader says using name of former PM to gain votes as shameful - Dec 08, 2007
- Interior Minister still in good terms with PM - Aug 01, 2008
- Chart Thai leader leaves home early - Sep 15, 2008
- Thailand Elections : PPP grabs majority of seats / Mr Samak declares victory - Dec 24, 2007
- Outgoing Finance Minister calls on successor to lead nation through economic crisis - Sep 22, 2008
- Thailand gets its first woman premier - Aug 05, 2011
- DPM believes SET index increase not due to news of former PM's seeking political asylum - Aug 11, 2008
- Administrative Court to reveal if 3 ministers in lottery case must cease duty - Aug 19, 2008
Tags: ec, election commission, election commissioner, hi thaksin net, information and communication technology, national news, party leader, power source, prime minister, secretary general, technology ministry, thaksin shinawatra, video clip, video clips