IAC begins hunt for political talent in LucknowSeptember 10th, 2012 - 2:57 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 10 (IANS) In keeping with its Aug 2 announcement at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi to float a political party, India Against Corruption (IAC) has begun an exercise to scout for young talent to further the purpose.
According to IAC sources a two-day ‘leadership workshop’ is being held in the state capital to “identify the young seeds for political, social and economic change”.
IAC activists Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia had Aug 2 announced at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi their willingness to form a political outfit for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Extensive preparations have gone into the workshop and the social media other than the “very useful” use of SMS has been done by us and we are very happy at the response so far, informed Vaibhav Maheshwari, an IAC activist.
“We are not looking for a mob like participation and have opened this workshop only for fifty persons,” he told IANS.
“This is a part of IAC’s induction division for youth as it was being deeply felt that youth have the desired energy but need political awareness, knowledge of human rights, the history of India and the functioning the government and the legal system,” an IAC office bearer said. Similar workshops will soon be started in all districts of the state.
There is division within IAC regarding the formation of a political party.
- Police battle anti-graft protesters outside PM's house, Hazare for second freedom movement (Intro Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Anna discusses party formation - Sep 08, 2012
- Anna to reach Delhi July 24, team gears up for agitation (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Team Anna volunteers gear up for fast - Jul 23, 2012
- Kejriwal arrested, vows to protest again (Third Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Anti-corruption activists detained, released - Aug 26, 2012
- People need political alternative: Anna - Aug 05, 2012
- Will continue protest outside PM residence: Kejriwal (Second Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Hazare's health stable on second day of fast - Jul 30, 2012
- Army ex-chief joins Anna bandwagon - Aug 03, 2012
- Team Anna supporters protest outside BJP office - Aug 02, 2012
- Hazare, team end fast; promise people's movement as political alternative (Roundup) - Aug 03, 2012
- Police use force on protests near PM, Sonia houses (Evening Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- No talks if fasting protesters forcefully removed: Anna Hazare (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Team Anna begins indefinite fast for a stringent Lokpal (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: activist, activists, arvind kejriwal, aug 2, corruption, economic change, history of india, human rights, induction, leadership workshop, lok sabha polls, manish, mantar, mob, New Delhi, office bearer, political awareness, political outfit, seeds, willingness