I will never leave Mulayam: Amar SinghMay 14th, 2009 - 3:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) Samajwadi Party (SP) general secretary Amar Singh Thursday said that he will never leave the side of party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
“Main jeevan bhar Mulayam Singh ko nahin choroonga (I will not leave Mulayam Singh in my lifetime),” Amar Singh told reporters here, a day after the five-phase Lok Sabha elections came to a close.
Amar Singh had publicly been at odds with own senior party leader Azam Khan over the latter’s alleged campaigning against Jaya Prada, the party candidate in Uttar Pradesh’s Rampur constituency. He had threatened during the campaign that if Mulayam Singh did not take action against Azam Khan, then he would reconsider his future in the party.
But, now in Delhi to meet Mulayam Singh, Amar Singh dismissed his statement, claiming that he was now treating Azam Khan as a “forgotten chapter”.
- I will never desert Mulayam, says Amar Singh (Lead) - May 14, 2009
- Rampur stuns Jaya Prada - Mar 06, 2012
- Jaya Prada takes on Azam Khan - Mar 03, 2012
- Samajwadi Party revokes expulsion of Azam Khan - Nov 03, 2010
- Jaya Prada criticises Amar Singh's detractors - Jan 31, 2010
- Amar Singh calls for division of UP to boost development - Nov 04, 2010
- Samajwadi Party expels Amar Singh, Jaya Prada - Feb 02, 2010
- Azam Khan quits as SP general secretary (Lead) - May 17, 2009
- Unhappy Azam Khan quits as SP general secretary (Second Lead) - May 17, 2009
- Azam Khan has betrayed Samajwadi Party: Mulayam - May 09, 2009
- 60 constituencies in final phase of UP polls - Mar 02, 2012
- Amar Singh's bail a Diwali gift: Jaya Prada - Oct 24, 2011
- Mulayam ignored warnings on Kalyan, says Azam Khan - Nov 20, 2009
- Azam-Amar feud: SP expels its founder leader (Lead) - May 24, 2009
- Azam refuses to call ceasefire with Bukhari - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: amar singh, campaigning, constituency, general secretary, jaya prada, jeevan, ko, lifetime, lok sabha elections, mulayam singh, New Delhi, odds, party candidate, party chief, party leader, Samajwadi Party, uttar pradesh