I have no money, Antony tells party (Lead)December 15th, 2008 - 8:40 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Dec 15 (IANS) Asked to pay Rs.50 at a Congress conference here, Defence Minister A.K. Antony realised he had no money on him.The organisers at the Kerala state conference of the party that ends Tuesday had a good laugh when Antony explained his predicament.
Antony and Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi were among the participants.
On Sunday morning, both were asked to pay Rs.50 as participant fees.
“Antony put his hand into his shirt pocket and produced his Rajya Sabha pass. He said this is all that he had,” Congress leader Benny Behanan told IANS.
As for Vayalar Ravi, he fished out a Rs.1,000 note and told Behanan that he will pay provided he gets back Rs.950.
“All of us had a good laugh. We told them not to worry. We did not collect Rs.50 from them because they are the seniormost leaders of the party,” said Behanan.
- What ministers have in their pocket - Dec 15, 2008
- Kerala distributes Rs.1.6 crore to 12,500 poor - Nov 20, 2011
- Will Vayalar Ravi's daughter contest from Kottayam? - Mar 11, 2011
- My daughter will not contest poll: Vayalar Ravi - Mar 13, 2011
- P.C. Chacko: Articulate speaker makes a comeback as JPC chief - Mar 05, 2011
- Kerala should do more science and technology: Vayalar Ravi - Sep 13, 2012
- Congress duo proves winning combination in Kerala - Nov 09, 2010
- Government pension scheme for Indians abroad - May 03, 2012
- Debates, controversies should not hamper investment: Antony - Sep 12, 2012
- Aviation ministry gets new face at helm - Jan 19, 2011
- Cochin to host next annual Indian diaspora meet - Jun 19, 2012
- Speculation mounts of changes in Congress, two ministers deny quit offer (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Antony meets Karunanidhi ahead of presidential polls - Apr 29, 2012
- Army chief a frustrated man: Vayalar Ravi - Mar 28, 2012
- Row breaks out over Kochi Metro Rail project - Jan 02, 2012