I exercise on treadmill every morning: MamataJune 21st, 2011 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) A month after assuming charge, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Tuesday was in an expansive mood, as she patiently listed her daily routine for her “vigorous” personality.
In a packed press conference here, a journalist asked about Banerjee’s “daily diet” as the secret for her “attractive, vigorous” personality.
Even as there was loud laughter from the gathered press persons, Banerjee said smilingly that it denoted “fatherly affection”. “Only a father will ask their child, what they are eating,” she said.
Then, she went on to give an outline of her daily routine. “In the morning, I have tea… then, I walk on the treadmill. I have been doing this regularly ever since I had gone on fast”. Banerjee had gone on a 25-day hunger strike in 2006 to protest the acquisition of land for the Tata Nano factory in Singur.
“Then, during the day, I have some tea… some cucumber. In the evening, I have some ‘murmura’… For dinner, I have rotis or maybe rice. But, I only have rice two or three times a month,” said the 56-year-old Trinamool leader.
- Singur farmers disappointed but still hopeful - Jun 22, 2012
- Monthly allowance to Singur's unwilling farmers doubled - Jun 27, 2012
- Bengal minister challenges Trinamool on land acquisition - Nov 17, 2010
- The Mamata story: Tea diplomacy, recce and a goof up (Kolkata Newsletter) - Jun 11, 2011
- We are committed to the cause of Singur farmers: Mamata (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Mamata holds court as she woos industrialists - Jun 19, 2011
- I believe Singur's farmers will win, says Mamata - Jun 22, 2012
- Making Singur land accord public will take time: Bengal minister - May 27, 2011
- Singur vegetable vendor's daughter shines as athlete - Sep 12, 2011
- Three-decade struggle helped defeat Left: Mamata - Nov 24, 2011
- Jolt for Mamata as court annuls Singur land law (Roundup) - Jun 22, 2012
- 2007 accord on Tata's Singur plant land to be made public - May 26, 2011
- Mamata thanks people for moral support on Singur - Jun 23, 2012
- Court scraps Singur land law, Mamata suffers setback (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Not the best of times for Mamata Banerjee (West Bengal Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
Tags: acquisition, affection, chief minister, cucumber, daily routine, diet, hunger strike, journalist, june 21, loud laughter, mamata banerjee, nano, New Delhi, singur, tata, tea, three times, treadmill, vigorous personality, west bengal