I don’t want to rule country, only hearts: MammoottyJuly 27th, 2008 - 5:05 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 27 (IANS) Malayalam superstar Mammootty has rubbished speculation about him contesting the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections, saying that he is too busy with movies to enter politics. “This is now become a habit ahead of any election in Kerala. Let me make it very clear that I do not want to rule the country, instead I want to rule the hearts of people through my films,” Mammootty told IANS Sunday.
Speculation was rife that the veteran actor, who has over 300 films to his credit, was offered either the Ernakulam Lok Sabha seat or the Ponnani seat in Muslim-dominated Malappuram district.
“It is true that many want me to enter politics, but I’m not interested because I’m very comfortable in the present job I have and my hands are full,” said Mammootty, who is currently shooting for “Maya Bazaar” in Pollachi in Tamil Nadu.
His latest film “Parunthu” has got a mixed response from audiences. The star said that people might not have liked him playing a character with negative shades. He portrays a cut-throat money lender in the film.
“Maybe some do not like me in such a role. But this is all part of the game. As far as an actor is concerned, Mammootty has done his job as he always does,” he quipped.
- Mammootty to start shooting for 'The King and The Commissioner' - Jun 12, 2011
- E. Ahamed records sixth straight win - May 16, 2009
- Kerala Muslims celebrate Eid - Nov 07, 2011
- Mammootty vows to boycott liquor in films - Sep 15, 2011
- Andhra minister, MP spar over Secunderabad parliamentary seat - Feb 29, 2012
- UDF on course for record win in Kerala (Lead) - May 16, 2009
- 'Pranab's son wants to fill father's Lok Sabha seat' - Jul 24, 2012
- Mammootty takes day off as Kerala celebrates Eid - Sep 21, 2009
- Kerala LDF's rout is 'birthday gift' from electorate: Congress - May 16, 2009
- Mammootty takes a break to prepare for son's marriage - Dec 14, 2011
- I don't compromise on my religious belief: Mammootty - Aug 25, 2010
- CPI-M student leader quits ahead of Kerala polls - Mar 24, 2011
- Pawar mulls quitting electoral politics - Jan 28, 2012
- Eventually I will give in to politics: Chirag Paswan - Aug 03, 2011
- Salman Khan is my driving force: Himesh Reshammiya - Dec 21, 2011
Tags: audiences, bazaar, cut throat, films, game, habit, hearts, job, lok sabha elections, mammootty, money lender, muslim, pollachi, shades, speculation, tamil nadu, thiruvananthapuram, veteran actor