I am emotional: MamataJuly 5th, 2012 - 5:37 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 4 (IANS) Admitting she was emotional, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday said a person can never have a clear conscience until and unless he or she is emotional.
“Sometimes people say that I am very emotional, my decisions are driven by my emotions. I would like to answer them by saying that a person can never have a clear conscience until and unless he is emotional,” Banerjee said, while giving a speech in Belur of Howrah district.
Banerjee has often been accused - both by the opposition and her well wishers - of taking decisions which are driven by her emotions rather than cool political calculations.
- Mamata defends her remarks on judiciary (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Mamata defends her remarks on judiciary - Aug 16, 2012
- Histrionics, poetry and frayed nerves - Mamata at her best (Lead) - Feb 25, 2011
- Trinamool takes 'painful' decision to back Pranab (Roundup) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sangma appeals to NDA allies for support (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Mamata not a fascist, says Mahasweta Devi - Nov 24, 2011
- Mamata mulls autonomy for Ramakrishna Mission schools - Jul 05, 2012
- Pranab refuses comment on FDI decision - Dec 03, 2011
- Trinamool to vote for Pranab Mukherjee (Second Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- No grudge against Mamata, says Sangma - Jul 18, 2012
- Dinesh Trivedi speaks to Mamata, to quit (Second Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- Mamata wishes Netaji a long life - Jan 23, 2012
- Trinamool ready for polls but wants UPA to complete term: Mamata - Aug 28, 2012
- No retail FDI in Bengal, says Mamata - Nov 28, 2011
- Did Mamata miscalculate on presidential poll? - Jun 15, 2012