I always wanted Rahul Gandhi to be minister: PMMarch 26th, 2009 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Thursday disclosed that he wanted Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, the son of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, to be a minister in the cabinet, but Rahul refused.
“I always wanted Rahul Gandhi to be a minister, but he refused,” Manmohan Singh told reporters on the sidelines of a defence investiture function at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
“Power must be handed to the youth,” the prime minister underlined.
- I offered Rahul minister's job, but he refused: Prime Minister (Lead) - Mar 26, 2009
- I'll welcome Rahul's entry into government, says PM (Third Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Ajit Singh sworn-in as cabinet minister (Second Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- I'll welcome Rahul's entry into government: PM (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- I'll welcome Rahul Gandhi to UPA government: Manmohan Singh - Aug 11, 2012
- Rahul ready for bigger role, to be No 2 in party (Night Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- I'll welcome Rahul Gandhi to UPA government: Manmohan Singh (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Rahul gets 'proactive', will be Congress no. 2 (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Will try to build consensus on NCTC: PM - Apr 17, 2012
- Hamid Ansari sworn in India's 14th vice-president - Aug 11, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi may be Congress working president soon - Nov 05, 2011
- Clamour grows for larger role in Congress for Rahul (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Cabinet reshuffle Wednesday evening - Jan 18, 2011
- Manmohan forms new Team to run India, Kamat quits (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2011
- Party or government for Rahul? Both, say Congress members - Aug 03, 2012