Hundreds attend Rahul’s janata darbar in AmethiSeptember 3rd, 2010 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
Amethi, Sep 3 (IANS) Around 2,000 people attended a ‘janata darbar’ (people’s court) held by Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi Friday in his parliamentary constituency of Amethi in Uttar Pradesh, a party spokesperson said.
“He (Gandhi) held the janata darbar in the Munshiganj guest house, where around 1,500-2,000 people approached him with their problems,” state Congress spokesperson Akhilesh Pratap Singh told reporters.
“People mainly approached him with civic problems pertaining to bad roads, erratic power supply, inadequate provisions of health facilities in villages,” he added.
According to party officials, Gandhi gave a patient hearing to the villagers and assured them that necessary action would be taken to sort out their problems.
Before leaving for New Delhi, Gandhi is expected to make surprise visits to a number of villages to evaluate the progress of the central government-sponsored schemes.
Gandhi reached Amethi Wednesday on a three-day visit.
- Vote Congress to end woes, Rahul Gandhi tells Uttar Pradesh public - Sep 01, 2010
- Rahul to make three-day visit to Amethi - Nov 13, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi organises people's courtroom in Amethi - Sep 03, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi hears public grievances in Rae Bareli - Feb 05, 2011
- Sonia calls upon women to strengthen panchayats (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Rahul leaves Amethi to meet Sonia - Sep 02, 2010
- Rahul attacks Mayawati government over health funds - Jul 21, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi visiting Amethi on three-day tour - Aug 31, 2010
- Women tie rakhis to Rahul, get assurance of development - Sep 02, 2010
- Rahul attacks Mayawati government over health funds (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli Monday - May 15, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli - Nov 27, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi to evaluate welfare schemes in Amethi - Jan 27, 2010
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli today - Nov 29, 2010
- Rahul Gandhi relishes 'samosas', 'jalebis' in Amethi - Sep 01, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,