How did they bring cash into house, Congress asksDecember 16th, 2008 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 16 (IANS) The Congress Tuesday demanded a further probe into how the three MPs who have made cash-for-vote allegations managed to bring bags full of cash into parliament.A parliamentary panel Monday tabled its probe report on the allegations made by the three Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MPs, who had said they were paid in cash to change their loyalties in favour of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) during the crucial July 22 trust vote the government won.
“The committee has presented its report regarding the money matters of the controversy, but there is a need to further probe how the bags full of money reached inside the parliament. This is a security issue and it needs to be investigated,” Congress spokesperson Jayanti Natarajan told reporters.
The seven-member panel was formed under the chairmanship of V. Kishore Chandra S. Deo of the Congress after Ashok Argal, Faggan Singh Kulaste and Mahavir Bhagora stunned the nation by brandishing wads of cash in the Lok Sabha shortly before the Manmohan Singh government was to face the trust vote.
The panel, in its report, gave a clean chit to senior Congress leader Ahmad Patel and Samajwadi Party general secratary Amar Singh, saying they were in no way involved in the episode.
- Cash-for-votes: Order on bail plea of five accused Nov 16 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- Gadkari meets jailed party colleagues in Tihar - Oct 31, 2011
- Working on cash-for-votes money trail, cops tell court - May 10, 2012
- Cash-for-votes: BJP feliciates Kulkarni, other accused - Nov 19, 2011
- Cash-for-vote 'heroes' should have been given Padma awards: Venkaiah - Oct 21, 2011
- Meira Kumar sanctions prosecution of BJP MP Ashok Argal (Lead) - Sep 30, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Police file supplementary chargesheet - Sep 30, 2011
- Cash-for-vote: Cops furnish CD transcripts to accused - May 26, 2012
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP booked; bail pleas of three put off - Oct 03, 2011
- Government protecting corrupt ministers: Advani - Oct 03, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Government indeed tried to buy MPs, says BJP - Nov 17, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Bail for Kulkarni, five others - Nov 16, 2011
- Cash-for-vote scam: Congress declines comment on allegations - Jul 20, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Kulkarni, two BJP former MPs walk out of Tihar - Nov 17, 2011
- High Court dismisses Amar Singh's plea - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: amar singh, argal, bharatiya janata party, chairmanship, clean chit, congress leader, kishore, Lok Sabha, mahavir, manmohan, manmohan singh, member panel, money matters, parliamentary panel, progressive alliance, Samajwadi Party, secratary, security issue, trust vote, wads