Hosni Mubarak’s health is deterioratingJune 6th, 2012 - 7:20 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Cairo, June 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The health of former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak has declined since he received a life sentence from Egypts’ courts, according to security officials at Torah prison in the Egyptian capital.
Mubarak received a life sentence last Saturday over his role on killing of protesters during last year’s uprising that ousted him from power. Apparently, the former president collapsed several times and had difficulty in breathing. He is also allegedly suffering from severe depression.
Since he was arrested over a year ago, his health has increasingly worsened. Mubarak’s sons, Gamal and Alaa, were acquitted on corruption charges. Both sons will face another trial on charges of insider trading.
Prison officials have refused to allow Mubarak to bring two of his private doctors to take care of him during his health crisis. Prior to receiving his sentence, he had been held in a luxury suite.
Muhammad Hosni El Sayed Mubarak served as the fourth President of Egypt from 1981 until the 2011 uprising. Mubarak was appointed president of Egypt on 14 October 1981, following the death of President Anwar El Sadat.
Egypt’s military prosecutors are currently investigating Mubarak’s role in Anwar El Sadat’s murder. He was the longest ever Egyptian ruler since Muhammad Ali Pasha.
- Mubarak's daughters-in-law banned from leaving Egypt - Jun 17, 2011
- Is Mubarak still in Sharm el-Sheikh? - Apr 17, 2011
- Mubarak found guilty of role in protesters' killings (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Mubarak wants to die at home: report - Feb 17, 2011
- Ex-Egyptian president gets jail for life (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Egypt extends detention of Mubarak's sons for 15 days - Apr 27, 2011
- Former Egyptian leader Mubarak and his sons detained for questioning - Apr 14, 2011
- Hosni Mubarak to be moved to prison hospital - Apr 25, 2011
- Mubarak to be transferred to Cairo for trial - Aug 03, 2011
- Egypt's general prosecutor mulls shifting Mubarak to jail - Apr 21, 2011
- Egypt sets up committee to re-check Mubarak's health - May 20, 2011
- Mubarak's health remains serious - Jun 08, 2012
- Prosecutors quiz Mubarak, wife - May 12, 2011
- Mubarak disappointed at people's apathy, says lawyer - Jun 30, 2011
- Ousted Egyptian President Mubarak to stand trial on August 3 - Jun 02, 2011
Tags: ali pasha, anwar el sadat, corruption charges, difficulty in breathing, egyptian capital, egyptian president hosni mubarak, egyptian ruler, fourth president, health crisis, hosni mubarak, insider trading, luxury suite, muhammad ali, president anwar el sadat, president hosni mubarak, president of egypt, prison officials, private doctors, sadat egypt, severe depression