Hosni Mubarak facing stroke risk : officialJune 10th, 2012 - 4:44 am ICT by IANS
Cairo, June 10 (IANS) Hosni Mubarak may suffer a stroke at any time, according to an official in the Torah prison where the Egyptian ex- president is presently serving a life imprisonment, Xinhua reported.
According to MENA news agency, the official said that Mubarak’s health was seriously deteriorating, and he was having irregular heart beats and difficulties in breathing.
Mubarak is suffering a breakdown and has been put on the ventilator for long hours, the source said, adding that he is likely to be transferred to a military hospital.
The Egyptian former president was put in prison last week after a criminal court in Cairo sentenced him to a life imprisonment for charges of complicity in killing protesters opposing his rule.
His wife Suzanne and daughters-in-law have visited him in the prison, the official said.
- Mubarak's health remains serious - Jun 08, 2012
- Mubarak's health deteriorates in prison - Jun 06, 2012
- Hosni Mubarak's health is deteriorating - Jun 06, 2012
- Egypt's ousted leader Mubarak in 'very critical' condition, not dead - Jun 20, 2012
- Mubarak's health stable after unconsciousness - May 28, 2011
- Egypt's general prosecutor mulls shifting Mubarak to jail - Apr 21, 2011
- Mubarak in coma but not clinically dead (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Is Mubarak still in Sharm el-Sheikh? - Apr 17, 2011
- Mubarak's supporters call for his release - Jun 12, 2012
- Mubarak has second heart attack after being detained (Second Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Mubarak's wife signs off assets, to be released on bail(Lead) - May 17, 2011
- Mubarak, two sons detained for 15 days (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Former Egypt PM jailed for corruption - Sep 13, 2012
- 'Mount indefinite protests over lenient Mubarak sentence' - Jun 03, 2012
- Mubarak refuses food, medicine in prison - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,