Horse carriage procession against petrol price hikeNovember 8th, 2011 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 8 (IANS) Protesting the hike in petrol price, Republican Party of India (RPI) chief Ramdas Athawale was Tuesday seen riding a horse carriage here.
Athawale, who led a kilometre-long horse carriage procession in Bandra in West Mumbai, said people were left with no option but to travel in horse carriages and bullock carts as the prices of petrol and diesel continued to rise.
“Athawale travelled in a horse carriage and demanded the rollback of petrol prices. He appealed to the government to keep the rising prices of fuel including diesel and cooking gas in check,” an RPI official told IANS.
Close to a thousand citizens and party workers participated in the protest that started from the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority office and culminated at the office of suburban collector in Bandra.
- Opposition leaders to tour Maharashtra for show of might - May 24, 2011
- Change in Maharashtra too after next polls: Bal Thackeray - May 13, 2011
- Pawar criticises RPI's alliance with BJP, Shiv Sena - Jun 10, 2011
- Maharashtra opposition calls off Aug 1 shutdown - Jul 30, 2011
- RPI demands land for Ambedkar memorial, blocks highway - Dec 15, 2011
- Estranged Uddhav, Raj march together for mill workers - Jul 28, 2011
- Shiv Sena enters 46th year, welcomes RPI into alliance - Jun 20, 2011
- Prakash Jha agrees to changes in 'Aarakshan' - Aug 11, 2011
- Dalit party threat to recapture Indu Mills land - Mar 06, 2012
- RPI ransack mill, demand land for Ambedkar memorial - Dec 15, 2011
- Raj speaks up for estranged uncle Bal Thackeray - Jun 01, 2011
- Dalits angry with derogatory Ambedkar cartoon: Athawale (With Image) - Apr 03, 2012
- Shiv Sena, BJP and RPI announce alliance - Nov 14, 2011
- Ambedkar memorial: Dalit activists attempt to storm legislature - Mar 15, 2012
- Petrol price hike fuels protests, opposition ire (Roundup) - May 24, 2012
Tags: bandra, bullock carts, citizens, diesel, horse carriage, horse carriages, India, long horse, petrol prices, price hike, procession, protest, ramdas, republican party, riding a horse, rollback, rpi