Hooda reshuffles portfolios of top ministersJune 14th, 2011 - 10:26 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 14 (IANS) Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Tuesday reshuffled his cabinet, making Harmohinder Singh Chatha the new finance minister, instead of Ajay Singh Yadav, who will now handle power.
Chatha will also be the irrigation and food and supplies minister, while Yadav will continue to be the forest and environment minister.
Randeep Singh Surjewala will hold charge of the ministries of industries and commerce, parliamentary affairs, science and technology and public works department (PWD).
Mahender Pratap Singh will continue as the revenue, rehabilitation and technical education minister.
Kiran Chaudhary has retained the portfolios of excise and taxation and public health and engineering.
Paramvir Singh (agriculture), Geeta Bhukkal (education, social justice), Narender Singh (health and medical education) and Satpal Sangwan (cooperation and housing) are other cabinet ministers who retain their earlier portfolios.
Hooda has kept the portfolios of transport, tourism and civil aviation with himself.
O.P. Jain, who was the transport and tourism minister till last week, was asked to resign after his name figured in the murder conspiracy of a former village headman in Karnal district.
Hooda has not given any indication on when he will induct a new minister in his cabinet to fill the vacancy caused by Jain’s resignation.
- Hooda reshuffles portfolios of top ministers (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Hooda expands ministry, includes HJC defectors - Jan 28, 2011
- Defectors, independents, dissidents - all part of Hooda government - Feb 13, 2011
- Haryana minister quits after murder taint (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Hooda accommodates all independents in Haryana government (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2009
- Haryana assembly speaker resigns, inducted as cabinet minister - Jan 28, 2011
- Kuldeep Sharma is new Haryana assembly speaker - Mar 04, 2011
- Haryana minister quits after murder taint (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Haryana's defector legislators object to hearing - Feb 04, 2011
- Court declares five Haryana lawmakers as unattached (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- INLD demands judicial probe into villager's murder - Jun 10, 2011
- Himachal horticulture minister gets health portfolio too - Aug 14, 2012
- Court asks CBI to probe murder case against Haryana lawmakers - Aug 30, 2012
- Hooda to induct new ministers Friday - Nov 04, 2009
Tags: ajay singh, cabinet ministers, chief minister, civil aviation, education minister, environment minister, finance minister, geeta, kiran, mahender, murder conspiracy, narender, new finance, parliamentary affairs, pratap singh, satpal, tourism minister, transport and tourism, village headman, yadav