Holi, Eid-e-Milad are about brotherhood, harmony: SoniaMarch 11th, 2009 - 12:20 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 10 (IANS) In her message on Holi and Eid-e-Milad, Congress chief Sonia Gandhi Tuesday underlined the ideals of peace and brotherhood.
“This occasion (Holi) has special significance in the centuries-old cultural heritage that propagated the unity of mankind, tolerance and compassion.
“Such festivals not only promote communal harmony but also bring cheers and infuse among the people the fundamental and eternal values enshrined in our ancient Indian culture,” Gandhi said.
On the occasion of the Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi, the Congress chief said, “I would like to share with you my feeling of joy and happiness. The prophet (Mohammed) spoke not only for Muslims but for the entire humanity.
“His message of universal peace, harmony and brotherhood is still relevant for the entire mankind,” she said.
- Mumbai celebrates Eid-e-Milad - Feb 05, 2012
- President, PM greet nation on Milad-un-Nabi (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- President, vice president greet nation on Milad-Un-Nabi - Feb 15, 2011
- Vice President greets people on Milad-Un-Nabi - Feb 26, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Eid-e-Milad, Holi (Lead) - Mar 09, 2009
- President, PM, Sonia greet nation on Eid - Nov 06, 2011
- Manmohan Singh greets nation on Milad-Un-Nabi - Feb 15, 2011
- President Patil greets nation on Milad-un-Nabi - Feb 26, 2010
- PM greets nation on Milad-un-Nabi - Feb 26, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Zardari remits sentences of prisoners - Feb 04, 2012
- Thousands offer prayers at Valley's Hazratbal shrine - Feb 16, 2011
- Police stop religious procession on Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi in Srinagar - Feb 27, 2010
- President greets nation on Milad-un-Nabi and Holi - Mar 09, 2009
- Tamil Nadu leaders greet Muslims on eve of Milad-un-Nabi - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: ancient indian culture, brotherhood, cheers, communal harmony, compassion, congress chief, cultural heritage, eid, eternal values, festivals, holi, joy and happiness, mankind, milad, muslims, New Delhi, prophet mohammed, sonia gandhi, tolerance, universal peace