Himachal seeks Rs.3,000 crore assistanceAugust 24th, 2010 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 24 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh has sought a special assistance of Rs.3,000 crore from the central government to overcome its financial liabilities, an official statement said here Tuesday.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has sent a missive to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, asking him to provide the special financial assistance.
“The state has sought a financial assistance of Rs.1,500 crore for the current financial year to tide over the gap caused by underestimation of the committed liabilities of the state by the 13th Finance Commission and Rs.1,500 crore as special plan assistance during the next fiscal,” the statement quoting Dhumal said.
The chief minister said the state had a committed liability of over Rs.2,200 crore on account of salary and pension arrears from Jan 1, 2006 to Aug 31, 2009, caused due to the implementation of Sixth Pay Commission recommendations for its employees.
He said the 13th Finance Commission had underestimated state salary, pension and interest liabilities.
“The under-estimation for the year 2010-11 alone on liabilities amounted to Rs.861 crore. There is a gap of Rs.617 crore between the budget estimates for salaries and the amount assessed by the 13th Finance Commission for this fiscal,” he said.
- Each Himachal citizen now carries Rs.3.7 crore debt - Aug 31, 2011
- Himachal proposes Rs.3,300 crore plan for 2011-12 - Jan 27, 2011
- Special category states unhappy with finance panel: Tripura minister - Jan 20, 2011
- Himachal's loan liability is Rs.26,651 crore - Aug 29, 2012
- Himachal debt rises to Rs.25,313.70 crore - Mar 27, 2012
- Dhumal in please-all mode in election year (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 03, 2012
- Himachal's fiscal liabilities up 46 percent: CAG - Apr 06, 2012
- Himachal seeks Rs.27,556 crore for 12th Plan - Sep 20, 2011
- Tamil Nadu seeks over Rs.180,000 crore for free laptops, other schemes - Jun 14, 2011
- Development deficit dogs poll-bound states - Jan 19, 2012
- Another pre-poll sop for over 300,000 'babus' (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Sep 01, 2012
- Dhumal presents Rs.16,708.47 crore budget (With image) - Mar 09, 2011
- Pranab to meet finance ministers from northeast - Jun 03, 2012
- Dhumal government woos its babus with eye on polls (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 24, 2012
- 'More financial sops being considered for northeast' - Nov 16, 2011
Tags: budget estimates, central government, chief minister, commission recommendations, estimation, financial assistance, financial liabilities, gap, manmohan, manmohan singh, missive, pension arrears, plan assistance, prem kumar, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rs 1, rs 2, salaries, state salary