Himachal health minister’s resignation acceptedJuly 5th, 2012 - 5:36 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 4 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Governor Urmila Singh Wednesday accepted the resignation of Health Minister Rajeev Bindal.
Bindal, who has been appointed general secretary of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), resigned as cabinet minister a few days ago to take up his new assignment.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal told reporters here that the health portfolio would be looked after by Irrigation and Public Health Minister Ravinder Ravi.
Bindal, facing allegations of corruption, quit after a segment of his own party demanded his resignation to project a clean image of the government ahead of assembly elections this year.
- Himachal horticulture minister gets health portfolio too - Aug 14, 2012
- Himachal minister resigns amid assembly uproar (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Himachal legislator for 'no work, no pay' in house - Mar 16, 2012
- Himachal BJP rebels seek probe against minister - Mar 02, 2012
- Stalemate continues in Himachal assembly - Mar 14, 2012
- Himachal minister resigns - Mar 12, 2012
- Himachal Congress lawmakers in Gandhigiri protest - Mar 19, 2012
- Dhumal rejects health minister's resignation - Mar 13, 2012
- Gadkari steps in again to paper over BJP in-fighting (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Jun 10, 2012
- Ruckus in Himachal assembly over corruption - Mar 13, 2012
- Himachal minister's resignation sent to governor - May 11, 2010
- Himachal forest minister's resignation accepted - May 12, 2010
- On average, five walkouts a year by Congress in Himachal - Aug 30, 2012
- Opposition Congress at receiving end (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 18, 2012
- Himachal BJP legislator again challenges party - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: allegations, assembly elections, bharatiya janata party, bjp, cabinet minister, chief minister, corruption, few days, general secretary, health minister, health portfolio, himachal pradesh, irrigation, july 4, public health, rajeev, ravinder ravi, resignation, segment, urmila