Himachal criticises budget for not extending industrial packageFebruary 26th, 2010 - 6:40 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Feb 26 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal Friday criticised the central government for not extending the special industrial package that would expire next month.
In the general budget presented in New Delhi Friday, the central government “has played a cruel joke with the state”, Dhumal said.
“The centre has once again discriminated with us by not extending special industrial package that was given by the Vajpayee-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government in 2003. It was originally sanctioned till 2013 and later brought down to 2010 by the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government,” he said.
“This would definitely stop industrial growth in the state as the package was attracting a large number of industrial houses to the state,” the chief minister said.
He also described the budget as “anti-poor”.
“The budget is anti-poor and anti-farmers. This clearly indicated that the attitude of the central government towards the common man is not favourable,” he said.
- Excise duty exemption for Himachal industry extended - Dec 25, 2010
- Haryana keen to develop hydropower with Himachal - Jun 22, 2011
- Union budget prejudiced against Himachal: Dhumal - Feb 28, 2011
- In the name of Atal: Dhumal 'signs' in praise (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - May 12, 2012
- Centre discriminates against Himachal: BJP - Mar 16, 2011
- Himachal hopes for extension of tax holiday scheme - May 05, 2010
- Himachal proposes Rs.20,243 crore budget estimates - Mar 20, 2012
- Himachal, Uttarakhand request PM to restore special package - May 12, 2010
- Visa clampdown on Chinese affecting Himachal projects: Chief Minister - Nov 23, 2009
- Industrial package fails to draw much investment in Himachal - Mar 28, 2010
- No excise duty waiver in hill states beyond 2010: Anand Sharma - May 08, 2010
- Nestle to invest Rs.250 crore in Himachal Pradesh - Dec 27, 2009
- Dhumal hails JD-U-BJP win in Bihar - Nov 25, 2010
- Himachal to get piped gas by next year: Dhumal - Jun 04, 2009
- L'Oreal to set up Rs.400 crore plant in Himachal - Jul 11, 2012