Himachal BJP seeks resignation of Congress leader ShandilJuly 14th, 2012 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 14 (IANS) The Himachal unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Saturday demanded resignation of senior state Congress leader Dhani Ram Shandil from all posts of the party after his son, an army man, was apprehended recently in a “honey-trap” case.
“Shandil should morally resign from the AICC (All-India Congress Committee) and from all other party posts on moral grounds,” Rajeev Bindal, a former minister and currently BJP general secretary, told reporters here.
Being a member of parliament, Shandil had been associated with a number of parliamentary committees, including one on defence, for a number of reasons.
Shandil’s son, is a Lieutenant Colonel in the Armoured Corps and is posted in Rajasthan. He is facing a Court of Inquiry (CoI) for allegedly establishing contact with a Bangladeshi woman, Sheeba, over social networking site Facebook, army officials said. Sheeba is suspected to be an ISI agent.
In the 2009 general elections, BJP candidate Virender Kashyap defeated two-time MP Shandil.
- Stalemate continues in Himachal assembly - Mar 14, 2012
- Congress appoints Virbhadra campaign committee chief for Himachal elections - Jul 17, 2012
- Himachal health minister's resignation accepted - Jul 05, 2012
- Himachal horticulture minister gets health portfolio too - Aug 14, 2012
- Himachal BJP rebels seek probe against minister - Mar 02, 2012
- Himachal minister resigns amid assembly uproar (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Rebels demand Congress legislators' meeting in Meghalaya - Apr 26, 2011
- Indian Army Lt.Col. honey-trapped by Pakistan - Dec 20, 2011
- Congress deputes emissaries to broker peace in Meghalaya - Apr 19, 2011
- Dhumal rejects health minister's resignation - Mar 13, 2012
- Two-time MP, BJP rebel file nominations in Himachal - Apr 18, 2009
- Himachal minister resigns - Mar 12, 2012
- Opposition Congress at receiving end (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 18, 2012
- Indian Army lt. col. in soup over Bangladeshi woman's link - Jul 11, 2012
- Sonia names new working committee, makes changes in key states (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
Tags: aicc, armoured corps, army man, army officials, bangladeshi woman, bharatiya janata party, congress leader, dhani, general elections, honey trap, india congress committee, isi agent, lieutenant colonel, member of parliament, moral grounds, parliamentary committees, party posts, sheeba, social networking site, state congress