Himachal BJP legislator seeks change in state leadershipJune 13th, 2012 - 10:04 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 13 (IANS) The infighting within Himachal Pradesh’s BJP government came to the fore Wednesday after a party legislator wrote to party president Nitin Gadkari seeking a leadership change.
In a letter circulated to the media, Rohru legislator Khushi Ram Balnatah demanded immediate change in leadership and major reshuffle in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the government ahead of the assembly elections, likely in October.
Balnatah, in the letter to Gadkari, said: “Allegations of corruption, nepotism and regionalism are being levelled against the state government”.
“We had met you in this regard last year and explained the situation in detail and also given documentary evidence in support of our charges but no action has been taken and as a result stalwarts like former MP (member of parliament) Maheshwar Singh have been forced to quit the party and float his own party,” he said in the letter dated May 30.
In another development, state BJP Satpal Satti Wednesday appointed Health Minister Rajiv Bindal as the party’s general secretary.
Sources in the BJP said Bindal, whose resignation was sought by a section of the party, would quit in a day or two.
“I’m on an official tour. I will submit my resignation soon,” Bindal told IANS on the phone.
- Himachal BJP legislator again challenges party - Jul 05, 2012
- Himachal BJP seeks explanation from outspoken legislator - Jun 14, 2012
- BJP appoints new Himachal unit chief - Feb 20, 2012
- Opposition Congress at receiving end (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 18, 2012
- BJP in damage control mode after rebels form new outfit (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 12, 2012
- Former Himachal BJP chief to become minister - Feb 22, 2012
- Shanta, Dhumal agree to hold joint rallies in Himachal - Jul 01, 2012
- Tough road ahead for Dhumal in election year (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 25, 2012
- Miffed Shanta wants action against corruption (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - May 04, 2012
- Himachal BJP legislator slams his own party's government - Mar 23, 2012
- Gadkari steps in again to paper over BJP in-fighting (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Jun 10, 2012
- Three UP BJP leaders resign after elevation of Rajnath's son - Jan 23, 2012
- Ruling BJP in trouble ahead of assembly polls (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 05, 2012
- Himachal BJP to take call on errant MP within week - Feb 29, 2012
- Himachal health minister's resignation accepted - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: assembly elections, bharatiya janata party, bjp government, documentary evidence, health minister, infighting, leadership change, legislator, maheshwar, member of parliament, nepotism, nitin, party president, rajiv, regionalism, reshuffle, satpal, satti, stalwarts, state leadership