Himachal BJP legislator again challenges partyJuly 5th, 2012 - 5:35 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 4 (IANS) The infighting in the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party in Himachal Pradesh refuses to die down with a legislator again demanding a change in leadership through a strongly worded letter.
In his letter made public Wednesday, Rohru legislator Khushi Ram Balnatah has questioned the state unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party on its charge that he had spoilt the image of the government and the leadership.
In his two-page reply of June 21, Balnatah, who was issued a show-cause notice by the party June 14 for demanding a change in leadership and a major reshuffle in the party and in the Prem Kumar Dhumal government ahead of the assembly elections, has refused to accept that he indulged in any indiscipline.
“I want to know that, when in the budget session of the assembly the Congress party did not allow the session to continue and used to shout slogans against the health minister (former) Rajeev Bindal and Dhumal over corruption, didn’t it spoil the image of the BJP government?” the legislator asked.
“Does it improve the government’s image when every now and then news stories are carried about corruption by a BJP leader or minister?”
State BJP president Satpal Satti clarified there was no question of the letter having been leaked from the party office, clearly holding Balnatah responsible for its becoming public.
Balnatah, a close confidant of BJP national vice president Shanta Kumar, in his earlier letter to party present Nitin Gadkari, had said: “Allegations of corruption, nepotism and regionalism are being levelled against the state government.”
- Himachal BJP legislator seeks change in state leadership - Jun 13, 2012
- Himachal BJP seeks explanation from outspoken legislator - Jun 14, 2012
- Opposition Congress at receiving end (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 18, 2012
- Shanta, Dhumal agree to hold joint rallies in Himachal - Jul 01, 2012
- Himachal BJP legislator slams his own party's government - Mar 23, 2012
- BJP appoints new Himachal unit chief - Feb 20, 2012
- Former Himachal BJP chief to become minister - Feb 22, 2012
- Tough road ahead for Dhumal in election year (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 25, 2012
- BJP in damage control mode after rebels form new outfit (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Feb 12, 2012
- Miffed Shanta wants action against corruption (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - May 04, 2012
- Gadkari steps in again to paper over BJP in-fighting (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Jun 10, 2012
- Himachal health minister's resignation accepted - Jul 05, 2012
- Himachal minister resigns amid assembly uproar (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Himachal BJP rebels seek probe against minister - Mar 02, 2012
- On average, five walkouts a year by Congress in Himachal - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: assembly elections, bharatiya janata party, bjp government, bjp leader, bjp president, budget session, congress party, health minister, indiscipline, infighting, legislator, national vice president, nepotism, nitin, prem kumar, rajeev, regionalism, reshuffle, satpal, shimla