Hillary Clinton says that she is not interested in being the VPOctober 7th, 2010 - 1:54 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Former First Lady Hillary Clinton has made it clear that she is not interested in being the VP of USA.
The rumor arose because there were speculations that US President Barack Obama was thinking about replacing the current VP Joe Biden with Hillary Clinton in the 2012 elections. However the rumors have been totally shot down by Clinton.
“That’s absolutely not true. It’s just a conversation that hasn’t happened. The president will tell you that the decision to pick Joe Biden is one of the best he’s made. He’s also quite pleased with Secretary Clinton,” according to Robert Gibbs.
Apart from Gibbs, Hillary Clinton also refuted all the rumors. She said that she wasn’t at all interested in becoming the Vice President of United States. She said that she was shocked at the stories and she added that she was dismissing them totally and moving on with her current position. She also reassured that VP Joe Biden is safe in his position because he is doing a great job and with responsibility.
She divulged that, “I think the vice president is doing a wonderful job. He is a great friend of mine. We work together closely. He’s an expert on foreign policy, chaired the Foreign Relations Committee in the Senate. We have a great relationship.”
- Rumors abound that Hillary Clinton might replace Joe Biden as the VP - Oct 08, 2010
- Bob Woodward says Hillary Clinton as VP is 'on the table' - Oct 06, 2010
- Biden pours cold water on Hillary's 2012 veep bid rumours - Oct 14, 2010
- Hillary Clinton, White House deny 'Vice President-switch' speculations - Oct 07, 2010
- Hillary Clinton 'tuned' for 2016 Presidency? - Oct 07, 2010
- Vice presidency means no privacy says Joe Biden's wife - Oct 18, 2010
- Joe Biden to run on 2012 ticket - Oct 12, 2011
- Clinton ready to step off `high wire' of politics (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- US vice president now on Twitter - Jul 05, 2011
- Clinton won't stay on even if Obama gets second term - Mar 17, 2011
- US criticises Egyptian regime over slow pace of reform - Feb 09, 2011
- Is Panetta be Obama's right choice for US Defense Secretary? - Apr 28, 2011
- Is Hillary Clinton a contender for the Supreme Court? - Apr 12, 2010
- Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu arrives in the United States for talks, speeches - Nov 07, 2010
- Chinese, US vice presidents hold talks - Aug 18, 2011
Tags: barack obama, current position, elections, first lady, foreign policy, foreign relations committee, great relationship, hasn, hillary clinton, job, joe biden, lady hillary clinton, president of united states, robert gibbs, senate, speculations, vice president of united states, vp