Hike in diesel price cruel joke, says NitishSeptember 14th, 2012 - 6:30 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Sep 14 (IANS) Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Friday termed the diesel price hike and limiting the number of subsidised cooking gas cylinders as a cruel joke on the common people of the country and demanded a roll-back.
“It is nothing but a cruel joke with people because they have been fighting for survival in view of high inflation rate,” he told media persons here.
“Hike in diesel price will badly affect crores of farmers… farming will become more costly and farm products will cost more,” he said, adding that his Janata Dal-United would take the issue before the people.
- Roll back diesel hike, cooking gas cylinder cap, demands BJP - Sep 14, 2012
- Odisha protests diesel price hike, cap on cooking gas - Sep 14, 2012
- Patnaik demands rollback of diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- Diesel price hiked by Rs 5, opposition slams 'anti-people' move (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2012
- Delhi's poor to get 3 more subsidised LPG cylinders - Sep 17, 2012
- Protests across Andhra over diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- CPI-M threatens nation-wide protest against diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- Fuel price hike will have inflationary pressure: Industrialists - Jun 25, 2011
- UPA may remain in power with others' support: Mamata - Sep 19, 2012
- Cooking gas and diesel hold the key to compromise? - Sep 19, 2012