Hearing on Jagan’s bail plea adjourned to May 31May 29th, 2012 - 4:22 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 29 (IANS) A special court Tuesday adjourned hearing on YSR Congress party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy’s bail petition to Thursday in a disproportionate assets case.
The CBI court admitted the bail petition for hearing and directed the CBI to file a counter by the next hearing.
The court had Monday dismissed Jagan’s bail plea while sending the member of parliament to judicial custody till June 11.
The YSR Congress Party leader, in his fresh petition, has sought bail on the ground that he wants to campaign for the party in the by-elections.
By-elections to one Lok Sabha and 18 assembly seats are scheduled to be held June 12.
Jagan’s lawyers also sought permission from the Andhra Pradesh High Court to file a petition challenging his arrest. With the vacation bench granting permission, the quash petition would be filed Wednesday.
Terming his arrest as illegal, Jagan has alleged that he was arrested only to keep him away from the poll campaign.
In another development, the CBI also sought permission to file a petition seeking Jagan’s custody for 14 days. The investigating agency has moved the high court after the CBI court Monday dismissed its petition.
The CBI arrested Jagan Sunday night after questioning him for three days.
- Jagan's bail plea dismissed, court reserves order (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Court dismisses Jagan's bail plea - Jun 01, 2012
- Court sends Jagan to CBI custody for five days (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Court sends Jagan to CBI custody for five days (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- CBI seeks another three-day custody of Jagan - Jun 07, 2012
- Court posts orders on Jagan's bail plea to Friday - May 31, 2012
- Jagan sent to jail for 14 days in assets case (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Another legislator quits Congress, two more call on Jagan's mother - May 31, 2012
- Jagan celebrates party's win in jail - Jun 15, 2012
- CBI seeks Jagan's custody for 14 days (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Jagan's judicial custody extended till June 25 - Jun 11, 2012
- Court rejects Jagan aide's plea for laptop in jail (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- CBI summons Jagan for questioning May 25 - May 23, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan in illegal assets case (Second Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Jagan judicial custody extended till July 4 - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh high court, assembly seats, assets, bail plea, bench, cbi court, congress party, elections, hyderabad, investigating agency, jagan, judicial custody, lawyers, Lok Sabha, member of parliament, parliament, party leader, petition, poll campaign