Hazare’s questions to the people on political alternativeAugust 2nd, 2012 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 2 (IANS) While floating the proposal for a political alternative, Anna Hazare Thursday sought the opinion of people on a few crucial questions, including what if corrupt people get elected, before deciding on the move.
Among the questions he put to the people are:
* What should be the criteria for selection of candidates to ensure that only those people who love the country and want to serve society are selected?
*What if the wrong or corrupt people get elected, and how can this be checked?
*What if those who get elected turn corrupt?
*Our move for a political alternative is to seek change in the system and not change of rule. How can that be ensured?
*How can it be ensured that people cast their votes without the lure of money?
*From where will the money come to fight elections, and how to bring transparency in our election funding?
Hazare asked his supporters to reply to these questions in two-three days.
Hazare and his followers Thursday decided to call off their indefinite fast against corruption and proposed a political alternative.
- Team Anna calls off fast, to form 'political alternative' (Roundup) - Aug 02, 2012
- Team Anna to call off fast Friday, proposes 'political alternative' - Aug 02, 2012
- Anna disbands Team Anna, leaders perplexed (Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Hazare, team end fast; promise people's movement as political alternative (Roundup) - Aug 03, 2012
- Right to recall may lead to political instability: Pranab - Nov 20, 2011
- Our fight is for changing system, not power: Team Anna (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Team Anna will realise responsibilities, compulsions: Soni - Aug 02, 2012
- Hegde opposes Hazare move to float political party - Aug 03, 2012
- Anna disbands Team Anna, colleagues perplexed (Intro Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Not launching political party: Anna Hazare (Interview) - Jul 27, 2012
- Anyone can float a political party: BJP - Aug 02, 2012
- Team Anna ends fast, spells out political alternative (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Lokpal Bill row: BJP asks Govt. not to make a 'prestige issue' - Apr 05, 2011
- Anna supporters protest outside PM's house, detained (Roundup) - Jul 28, 2012
- Anna's political move face-saver or inevitable? Debate is on - Aug 05, 2012