Hazare’s fast enters fourth dayAugust 1st, 2012 - 1:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 1 (IANS) Anna Hazare’s fast against corruption entered day four on a rain soaked Wednesday with his supporters coming to the venue Jantar Mantar in small batches.
Besides Hazare, three members of his team - Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai - are also on fast. They began their hunger strike for a stringent anti-graft Jan Lokpal bill a week ago.
Kejriwal is a little weak and has mostly been lying down, said a Team Anna supporter.
Hazare and Team Anna members, including Kiran Bedi, were holding a meeting at the venue, said a supporter.
Along with the four Team Anna members, around 450 people are also on fast, said an India Against Corruption, which has organised the protest fast.
Team Anna is holding the protest fast to demand passage of the Jan Lokpal bill for creation of an ombudsman.
- Anna breaks one-day token fast - Mar 25, 2012
- No talks if fasting protesters forcefully removed: Anna Hazare (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Hazare's health stable on second day of fast - Jul 30, 2012
- Fasting Team Anna members refuse to go to hospital (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Bring Lokpal or go, Anna tells UPA (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Kejriwal, Rai to continue fast despite failing health (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Anna slams government, Kejriwal to carry on fast (Second Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Hazare begins fast, demands passage of Jan Lokpal bill (Evening Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Kejriwal, Rai advised hospitalisation - Jul 31, 2012
- Prominent citizens appeal to Team Anna to call off fast (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Security beefed up at Hazare's fast venue - Aug 02, 2012
- Anna disbands Team Anna, leaders perplexed (Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Jan Lokpal is thrust of our movement: Anna (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Ralegan-Siddhi villagers back Hazare - Jul 29, 2012
- Team Anna supporters protest outside BJP office - Aug 02, 2012