Hazare unwell, advised rest ahead of fastDecember 8th, 2011 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
Ralegan-Siddhi (Maharashtra), Dec 8 (IANS) Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare has been advised rest ahead of his one-day symbolic fast Dec 11, an aide said here Thursday.
“He is, however, getting better and today he has started doing small chores by himself,” the associate told IANS.
Hazare, 74, was advised bed rest for a few days due to severe spinal swelling.
“The pain in his spine and lower waist has been troubling him for the last few weeks but the situation aggravated earlier this week and he was bed ridden since Tuesday,” the aide said.
Hazare, who is currently in his native village in Parner taluka of Ahmednagar district, will leave for Delhi on Dec 10 and join the day-long agitation for a strong Lokpal bill the next day.
He has also threatened to go on an indefinite fast from Dec 27 if a strong bill was not passed in parliament during the winter session, which ends Dec 22.
Hazare said that during the fast, he would request voters in seven states going to polls next year not to support the Congress.
- Hazare advised week's rest - Dec 29, 2011
- Hazare leaves for Ralegan Siddhi - Dec 29, 2011
- Anna unwell, core committee meeting postponed (Lead, Changing dateline) - Dec 31, 2011
- Will launch countrywide tour for Jan Lokpal: Anna - Mar 13, 2012
- Hazare shifts to old residence - Oct 21, 2011
- Hazare might be admitted to Pune hospital: Associate - Dec 31, 2011
- Hazare to rest at Ralegan-Siddhi before fast - Dec 19, 2011
- Hazare weak but well, to address rally - Sep 02, 2011
- Hazare's village observes day-long shut down - Dec 11, 2011
- Hazare returns to village after treatment - Feb 18, 2012
- Hazare fit to fast: Doctor - Dec 26, 2011
- Ralegan-Siddhi villagers back Hazare - Jul 29, 2012
- Hazare leaves for Delhi to hold token fast - Dec 10, 2011
- Anna Hazare may make it to 'Time' cover soon - Nov 26, 2011
- Hazare renews 'jail bharo' threat over 'weak' Lokpal bill - Dec 22, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,