Hazare to stay in hospitalJanuary 3rd, 2012 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, Jan 3 (IANS) Doctors attending on activist Anna Hazare said Tuesday that his discharge from hospital, earlier slated for Friday, might be postponed for two more days due to his frail health.
“Anna’s health was fine until yesterday. But he could not sleep properly last night due to severe coughing. We are planning to increase the dosage of antibiotics from five days to seven days,” said Mahendra Kawedia from Sancheti Hospital, who has been closely monitoring Hazare’s condition.
“Since he needs to be kept under observation while the antibiotics are administered to him, we might discharge him on Sunday instead of Friday as earlier planned,” he added.
Doctors have advised Hazare, 74, one month’s rest, putting a question mark over his plans to campaign against the Congress in the forthcoming assembly polls in five states.
The activist, admitted to hospital with chest congestion, is also suffering from osteoporosis, a disease of the bones.
Hazare was rushed to the hospital here from his village Ralegan Siddhi just before midnight Saturday.
- Hazare stable, responding well to treatment - Jan 04, 2012
- Hazare's health improves - Jan 05, 2012
- Anna advised month's rest, uncertainty over poll plans - Jan 02, 2012
- Anna advised a month's rest, uncertainty over poll plans (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Hazare might be admitted to Pune hospital: Associate - Dec 31, 2011
- Hazare hospitalised for chest infection, stable (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Kejriwal meets ailing Hazare, poll campaign uncertain (Second Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Nothing wrong with my medicines: Hazare - Jan 31, 2012
- Hazare may be discharged from hospital Sunday - Jan 07, 2012
- Hazare discharged from hospital, goes home - Jan 08, 2012
- Hazare fit to fast: Doctor - Dec 26, 2011
- Hazare advised rest for a week - Oct 29, 2011
- Anna to be admitted to Gurgaon hospital - Jan 28, 2012
- Hazare advised week's rest - Dec 29, 2011
- Hazare returns to village after treatment - Feb 18, 2012
Tags: activist, anna hazare, antibiotics, assembly polls, bones, chest congestion, congress, doctors, forthcoming assembly, frail health, observation, osteoporosis, pune, question mark, seven days, sleep