Hazare stable, responding well to treatmentJanuary 4th, 2012 - 7:09 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, Jan 4 (IANS) Anna Hazare, admitted to hospital with chest congestion, is responding well to treatment and his condition is improving, doctors attending on him said here Wednesday.
“Anna is stable and improving. The congestion in his chest has reduced and he got good sleep last (Tuesday) night,” said Sancheti Hospital’s Mahendra Kawedia, who has been closely monitoring Hazare’s condition.
On Tuesday, the doctors at Sancheti Hospital increased the dosage of antibiotics being given to the activist. Kawedia said since Hazare needs to be kept under observation while antibiotics are administered to him, he might be discharged Sunday instead of Friday.
“Anna’s chest X-ray and blood test results are normal and he is likely to be discharged Saturday or Sunday,” Kawedia told IANS.
Doctors have advised Hazare one month’s rest, putting a question mark over his plans to campaign against the Congress in the forthcoming assembly polls in five states. The activist is also suffering from osteosporosis, a disease of the bones.
Hazare, 74, was rushed to the hospital here from his village Ralegan Siddhi just before Dec 31 midnight for treatment.
- Hazare's health improves - Jan 05, 2012
- Hazare to stay in hospital - Jan 03, 2012
- Anna advised month's rest, uncertainty over poll plans - Jan 02, 2012
- Anna advised a month's rest, uncertainty over poll plans (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Kejriwal meets ailing Hazare, poll campaign uncertain (Second Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Hazare hospitalised for chest infection, stable (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Hazare may be discharged from hospital Sunday - Jan 07, 2012
- Nothing wrong with my medicines: Hazare - Jan 31, 2012
- Hazare discharged from hospital, goes home - Jan 08, 2012
- Hazare might be admitted to Pune hospital: Associate - Dec 31, 2011
- Anna reaches Delhi for medical check-up - Jan 29, 2012
- Hazare returns to village after treatment - Feb 18, 2012
- Anna to be admitted to Gurgaon hospital - Jan 28, 2012
- Hazare discharged from hospital, leaves for village - Aug 31, 2011
- Prayer meet at Rajghat for Anna's recovery - Jan 01, 2012
Tags: antibiotics, assembly polls, blood test results, bones, chest congestion, chest x ray, congress, doctors, forthcoming assembly, good sleep, last tuesday, mahendra, observation, question mark, sleep, stable, tuesday night