Hazare offers to apologise to Sharad PawarNovember 25th, 2011 - 12:34 am ICT by IANS
Ralegan Siddhi (Maharashtra), Nov 24 (IANS) Anna Hazare Thursday offered to apologise to union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar over his comment on an attack on the Nationalist Congress Party leader in Delhi.
Reacting on the incident, Hazare, who has for long held politicians responsible for much of the ills of the country, had said: “Was it only one slap?”
“He (the accused) could have been angry, but it is not right to hit someone. Our democracy does not allow such attacks,” he said.
Clarifying his stand, Hazare said that he was addressing a group of people when he received a note about the attack on Pawar.
“After reading the note, I just wanted to know if the attacker stopped after the slap or or there was some other kind of violence,” Hazare explained.
“However, if it is perceived that I have said something wrong, I am ready to apologise,” he added.
- NCP workers protest against Anna's remark - Nov 25, 2011
- Pawar slap: Anna admits reaction violent, justifies attack - Dec 06, 2011
- Ralegan Siddhi sarpanch to contest polls on NCP ticket - Jan 09, 2012
- Pawar slapped, attacker says 'they're all thieves' (Intro Roundup) - Nov 24, 2011
- Sharad slap unites Indian politicians - Nov 25, 2011
- Hazare lauds his villagers' stand on Rahul Gandhi - Oct 20, 2011
- Pawar was invited too, but kept away: Hazare - Dec 13, 2011
- Maharashtra politicians condemn Pawar attack - Nov 24, 2011
- Pawar supporters protest across Maharashtra - Nov 24, 2011
- Sharad Pawar protects the corrupt: Hazare - Dec 06, 2011
- Hazare clarifies 'slap the corrupt' remark - Jan 27, 2012
- Pawar hits back at Hazare, but asks partymen to be calm - Dec 07, 2011
- No personal enmity with anyone: Sharad Pawar - Nov 24, 2011
- Slapgate: Thackeray lampoons Hazare for targeting Pawar - Dec 09, 2011
- L'affaire Rahul-Ralegan upsets villagers, MP apologises - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,