Hazare might be admitted to Pune hospital: AssociateDecember 31st, 2011 - 11:08 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai/Ralegan Siddhi (Maharashtra), Dec 31 (IANS) Anna Hazare, who has been ailing the past few days, is likely to be admitted to a Pune hospital for three days to recuperate, his close associate said here Saturday.
“Dr K.H. Sancheti from Sancheti Hospital in Pune examined Anna this morning and has advised him to be hospitalised in his hospital Sunday,” Hazare’s associate Allaudin Shaikh told IANS in Mumbai.
“Although Anna’s health is better now, he has agreed and is planning to leave for Pune early Sunday. However, it is not easy to predict what decision Anna will take at the last moment and he might call off the whole thing,” Shaikh added.
Sources at Ralegan Siddhi said Sancheti asked Hazare to get hospitalised as he noticed congestion in his chest due to cough.
Owing to Hazare’s ill health, the core committee meeting of Team Anna slated to be held at Ralegan Siddhi Jan 2-3 was postponed earlier Saturday.
“Anna’s fever has come down, but his blood pressure is not normal and he is feeling week. We were advised that he does not talk much and hence we have postponed the meeting,” Sheikh said.
The new dates of the meeting will be announced later.
Team Anna was to meet at Hazare’s village in Parner taluka of Ahmednagar district, around 350 km from Mumbai, to discuss future strategies on Jan Lokpal and campaigning in the five poll-bound states.
Hazare Wednesday called off his three-day fast for a “strong Lokpal” on the second day due to poor health. He returned to his village the next day.
- Anna unwell, core committee meeting postponed (Lead, Changing dateline) - Dec 31, 2011
- Hazare hospitalised for chest infection, stable (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Will launch countrywide tour for Jan Lokpal: Anna - Mar 13, 2012
- Anna advised month's rest, uncertainty over poll plans - Jan 02, 2012
- Anna advised a month's rest, uncertainty over poll plans (Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Kejriwal meets ailing Hazare, poll campaign uncertain (Second Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Hazare advised week's rest - Dec 29, 2011
- Hazare leaves for Ralegan Siddhi - Dec 29, 2011
- Hazare returns to village after treatment - Feb 18, 2012
- Prayer meet at Rajghat for Anna's recovery - Jan 01, 2012
- Hazare discharged from hospital, goes home - Jan 08, 2012
- Hazare may be discharged from hospital Sunday - Jan 07, 2012
- Hazare to stay in hospital - Jan 03, 2012
- Hazare shifts to old residence - Oct 21, 2011
- Nothing wrong with my medicines: Hazare - Jan 31, 2012