Hazare gives ultimatum on Jan Lokpal billJuly 24th, 2012 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) Reversing his earlier decision, Anna Hazare said he will join his team members on an indefinite fast if the government does not agree to bring Jan Lokpal Bill in parliament within four days of their fast due to begin Wednesday.
“They (Team Anna members) suggested I don’t fast. I will give four days to the government to agree to our demand and if they don’t, I will sit on an indefinite fast from July 29,” Hazare told reporters here.
“Even if I die, I will die for my country,” said the social activist, who arrived here to join his team members beginning their indefinite fast.
Hazare said that their agitation was against the rampant corruption in the government.
“The government has deceived again and again and maligned us by making a forged CD against us,” he added.
Earlier, Hazare had decided not to go on fast due to his health problems.
The team will sit on an indefinite fast at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar Wednesday, the day when new president Pranab Mukherjee will be sworn-in. Arvind Kejriwal will be leading the agitation this time, Team Anna said.
- Anna to go on fast from July 29 on corruption (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Government trying to break Team Anna, says Hazare (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Anna to reach Delhi July 24, team gears up for agitation (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Team Anna begins indefinite fast for a stringent Lokpal (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Hazare begins indefinite fast - Jul 29, 2012
- Crowds swell as Ramdev comes to Team Anna's fast site (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Ralegan-Siddhi villagers back Hazare - Jul 29, 2012
- Hazare begins fast, demands passage of Jan Lokpal bill (Evening Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Ramdev draws crowds to Team Anna stir, dissents on attacking president (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Team Anna volunteers gear up for fast - Jul 23, 2012
- Team Anna supporters gather in Jantar Mantar - Jul 25, 2012
- No talks if fasting protesters forcefully removed: Anna Hazare (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Ramdev to hold fast in Delhi from Aug 9 - Jul 24, 2012
- Team Anna has hidden agenda, says Narayanasamy - Jul 27, 2012
- Team Anna launches fast, targets Pranab, PM (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: agitation, anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, corruption in the government, health problems, jantar mantar, lokpal bill, New Delhi, new president, parliament, pranab mukherjee, rampant corruption, social activist, team members, time team, ultimatum