Hazare again attacks Rahul GandhiDecember 11th, 2011 - 8:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 11 (IANS) Anna Hazare Sunday once again attacked Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, accusing him of pressurising Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to go back on an assurance to include Team Anna’s demands in the Lokpal bill.
Team Anna had demanded a Citizen’s Charter, inclusion of the lower bureaucracy under the Lokpal and establishment of Lokayuktas in states.
“The PM sent me a letter that the standing committee has made the changes. But then he changed his stance. Who did this? Isn’t Rahul Gandhi behind this,” Hazare asked.
“No one else would dare do this. He (Gandhi) pressured the PM to do this and in turn changed the right things into wrong,” he added.
Commenting on Gandhi’s visits to poor families in rural areas and spending the night with them, Hazare said that to become the country’s prime minister, one has to sacrifice a lot.
“You have to sacrifice and do a lot to become the prime minister. Spending a night in a hut won’t change anything, he will have to spend several nights in the hut,” said Hazare adding that he otherwise had nothing against Gandhi.
Hazare had Saturday also attacked the Congress leader but said he and his team were open to working with him in the future.
–Indo-Asian news Service
- All-party meeting called on Lokpal as Hazare targets Congress (Roundup) - Dec 11, 2011
- Rahul behind weak Lokpal bill, says Hazare - Dec 09, 2011
- Congress hits out at Hazare over remarks on Rahul, Sonia - Dec 13, 2011
- Pack jails for Lokpal, says Anna; gets partial political backing - Dec 11, 2011
- Ahead of fast, Hazare says will campaign against Congress (Lead) - Dec 10, 2011
- Hazare seeks to work with Rahul Gandhi in future - Dec 10, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi meets PM - Aug 23, 2011
- Congress takes exception to tone of Hazare's letters - Jan 23, 2012
- Government to table Lokpal Bill soon: Khurshid - Dec 09, 2011
- As Anna fasts, parliament divided over Lokpal (Night Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Lokpal debate in parliament Saturday; Anna firm on key demands (Roundup) - Aug 27, 2011
- Cabinet, UPA to discuss Lokpal Tuesday, all-party meet Wednesday - Dec 10, 2011
- Anna crisis: Rahul steps in, meets PM (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Nitish to use Lokpal bill for Lokayukta in Bihar (Second Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- Anna set for fast, political class dubs him 'impatient' (Intro Roundup) - Dec 26, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, asian news, bureaucracy, citizen, congress leader, general secretary, inclusion, indo, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, news service, poor families, prime minister manmohan singh, rahul gandhi, rl, rural areas, standing committee, vd, vm