Have the numbers to run government: PM (Lead)March 12th, 2012 - 12:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 12 (IANS) Brushing aside speculation of a mid-term poll, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday expressed confidence that the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government would complete its term as it had the needed numbers.
“I think dealing with pressure is part of the parliamentary life. I am confident that we have all the numbers that are needed,” Manmohan Singh told reporters ahead of the budget session starting Monday.
He added that he was confident that the budget session would run smoothly.
“We are willing to discuss and debate all issues on the floor of the house. I appeal to all the political parties to work together and cooperate in meeting the challenges and opportunities the country faces,” he said.
The budget session will begin with President Pratibha Patil addressing a joint session of parliament at 11 a.m.
- PM scotches mid-term poll talk, says UPA has the numbers (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Budget session will be smooth: PM - Mar 12, 2012
- UPA faces tough budget session of parliament - Mar 11, 2012
- Congress reaches out to allies, but Mamata snubs again (Second Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- PM asks opposition not to disrupt parliament - Feb 22, 2010
- Mamata to skip UPA meet, dares Congress to snap ties (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Congress, allies for better coordination in parliament: Chidambaram (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- No mid-term polls, Congress says - May 12, 2012
- Debate on third front good: Akhilesh - Mar 12, 2012
- PM hopes budget session will be peaceful (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- FDI roll back unlikely at all-party meeting - Nov 28, 2011
- UPA to meet thrice a week to decide parliament strategy - Mar 21, 2012
- Ready for mid-term election: BJP - Dec 01, 2011
- Tackling corruption, ushering reforms top priorities: President (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2011
- Government wins first NCTC battle, defeats opposition amendments (Roundup) - Mar 19, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,