Has Mitt Romney chosen David Petraeus as his VP?August 8th, 2012 - 6:59 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, Aug 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) It was rumored that Gen. David Petraeus has being chosen by Mitt Romney as his running mate. General David is the one who guided the American troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. This was reported on Tuesday through the Drudge Report.
It was reported by Drudge that President Obama jokingly said that maybe Romney wants to choose General David as his vice president in the coming days. Reports still say that Romney had secretly met with four generals in New Hampshire and his great choice was General David.
Therefore, this is drama that has been building up in due time and it has come out to the green light. However, the secretary of white house, Jay Carney, recently reported with a lot of confidence that the allegations put against the president were not true.
Romney was then approached by the press and he ignored the questions shouted by the press about him meeting up with General Petraeus. It is however evident that General Petraues has never been interested with politics. This was proven two years ago when the General said at a 2010 press meeting that he is not a politician and he is not planning to become one. He added that he would never run the politics office.
- Jindal defends Romney visit to Louisiana - Sep 01, 2012
- White House releases Obama, Biden's tax returns - Apr 14, 2012
- Mitt Romney Challenges Obama in Conservative Political Action Conference - Feb 12, 2011
- After five-state sweep, Romney readies to battle Obama (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Yahoo fires journalist after Romney joke - Aug 31, 2012
- Haley, Jindal in Romney's VP guessing game - May 05, 2012
- Gen. Petraeus Expresses Caution With Respect To The Proposal Of The American Military's Disengagement From Afghanistan From July 2011 - Aug 14, 2010
- Former journalist Jay Carney to take over from Robert Gibbs as White House press secretary - Jan 28, 2011
- U.S. Senate confirms Gen. Petraeus as new Afghan war commander - Jul 01, 2010
- Palin not running for 2012 presidential polls: Rev Franklin Graham - Apr 25, 2011
- Obama faces uphill re-election climb, says ex-aide - Oct 10, 2011
- Bobby Jindal blasts Obama, helps Romney - Jul 17, 2012
- Romney promises to deliver what Obama could not - Aug 31, 2012
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- Rupert Murdoch wants Boris to lead the Tories - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: allegations, american troops in afghanistan, carney, confidence, david petraeus, drudge report, due time, gen david petraeus, general petraeus, generals, mitt romney, new hampshire, obama, politician, running mate, troops in afghanistan, vice president, vp, washington dc, white house