Haryana vows to improve facilities in citiesSeptember 13th, 2012 - 6:17 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Sep 13 (IANS) Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Thursday expressed confidence that his government’s urban development polices will be able to revolutionise the cities.
Speaking at a conference on ‘Smarter cities: Transforming India, City by City’ organised by the IBM’s Smarter Cities Forum in Gurgaon, Hooda said that Haryana was facilitating construction of housing, commercial, industrial and institutional space and creating and revamping the civic facilities.
“We have carefully studied the emerging trends and sought to anticipate the multi-dimensional challenges,” he said.
Hooda said that the government was making concerted efforts to build quality infrastructure in all cities.
The state-of-the-art infrastructure, industry-friendly policies, responsive administration, peaceful law and order conditions and abundant skilled manpower have made Haryana a preferred investment destination for domestic and foreign investors, he said.
Hooda said that Haryana was the pioneer in implementing a unique public-private partnership (PPP) model.
“Our intra-city monorail project like the rapid metro of Gurgaon is being developed primarily on the PPP mode,” he said.
“Our towns, especially those in the neighbourhood of Delhi, are becoming more and more attractive for residential and professional purposes,” he said.
Haryana is making efforts to take metro to Faridabad, Bahadurgarh, Sonipat and Panipat for improving commuting between Delhi and Haryana’s cities.
Managing director of IBM India Shanker Annaswamy said that as we developed our urban cities, we needed to keep in mind the most important factors of transportation, energy and public safety.
- Repair work of Airport Metro to end by October: Kamal Nath - Sep 17, 2012
- Haryana wants central funding for NCR area - Dec 27, 2011
- Haryana clears 28 projects worth Rs.2,500 crore - Mar 21, 2011
- '14 innovation universities to be set up in India' - Apr 10, 2012
- 'Mumbai mega infra-projects to be completed by 2013' - Mar 07, 2012
- Metro is proud symbol of India's growth: Pratibha Patil - Jul 08, 2012
- Gurgaon to have 16-lane super specialty corridor - Jun 28, 2012
- Haryana to spend Rs.15 bn on health infrastructure - Apr 06, 2010
- Haryana expressway to de-congest Delhi traffic delayed again - Dec 23, 2010
- Haryana approves land pooling scheme for farmers - Jul 20, 2012
- Haryana to regularise over 1,000 colonies - Feb 19, 2011
- Metro comes to Gurgaon - for trial run - Jan 29, 2010
- Haryana to work out urban parking policy - May 24, 2011
- Special police stations to tackle power, water theft - Dec 06, 2011
- Delhi's Airport Metro makes you fly, marvel passengers - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: art infrastructure, civic facilities, concerted efforts, foreign investors, hooda, india city, infrastructure industry, institutional space, investment destination, monorail project, panipat, ppp mode, preferred investment, professional purposes, public private partnership, quality infrastructure, responsive administration, skilled manpower, sonipat, urban cities