Haryana not protecting Kanda: HoodaAugust 16th, 2012 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 16 (IANS) On the defensive over the actions of Gopal Goyal Kanda, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Thursday said his government was not protecting the former minister, accused of abetting the suicide of Geetika Sharma.
Kanda, who was Haryana’s minister of state for home and urban local bodies till earlier this month, has been in hiding for the last nearly 10 days after his name figured in a case registered by the Delhi Police following the suicide by Delhi-based former flight attendant Geetika Sharma.
Geetika, 23, had blamed Gopal Kanda and another official of his now-defunct MDLR Airlines, Aruna Chadha, for harassing her and forcing her to commit suicide.
Talking to media here Thursday, Hooda made it clear that the state government was not protecting its former minister.
He said the state government would help the Delhi Police, if asked, in the case involving Kanda.
The former minister, whose whereabouts remain a mystery, has not joined investigations with the Delhi Police so far.
Teams of the Delhi Police have, in recent days, raided various properties and offices owned by and linked to Kanda to arrest him.
His palatial five-acre farmhouse on the outskirts of Sirsa town, 300 km from here, has been raided thrice by the Delhi Police but they could not find him. The Sirsa house was raided Wednesday night also.
The Delhi Police have detained a youth, Bunty, who is linked to the former minister, in order to reach Kanda.
Gopal Kanda is an independent legislator from Sirsa assembly constituency.
Hooda said the opposition parties were unnecessarily blaming his government for protecting Kanda.
Hooda said: “The law is taking its own course. The opposition has no issue except criticising the government. Mr Kanda should join the investigation.”
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Kanda's kin detained - Aug 11, 2012
- Court denies Kanda shield against arrest (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Kanda may move high court for anticipatory bail - Aug 10, 2012
- Court denies Kanda shield against arrest (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Delhi cops search Kanda office with Aruna Chaddha - Aug 12, 2012
- Delhi Police search Kanda's house, farm house - Aug 07, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Police arrest Chaddha, Kanda absconding - Aug 08, 2012
- Kanda leaves Hooda government embarrassed (Haryana Newsletter) - Aug 10, 2012
- Police search Kanda's farmhouse for evidence - Aug 20, 2012
- Kanda surrenders - Aug 18, 2012
- Suicide notes are not gospel truth: Kanda lawyer - Aug 14, 2012
- Gurgaon women to march for Geetika to Jantar Mantar - Aug 22, 2012
- Hooda washes his hands of Kanda - Aug 10, 2012
- Raids on Kanda's homes, offices continue - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: airlines, aruna, bunty, chadha, chief minister, constituency, delhi police, farmhouse, flight attendant, goyal, hooda, investigations, legislator, minister of state, mystery, opposition parties, outskirts, state government, suicide, wednesday night