Haryana lawmakers to get land in Gurgaon, PanchkulaJuly 14th, 2008 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 14 (IANS) Lawmakers in Haryana need not be bothered about rising land prices in two of the state’s most attractive towns - Gurgaon and Panchkula. The state cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Monday decided to frame a policy for allotment of land to sitting members of legislative assembly (MLAs) and members of parliament (MPs) of Haryana for construction of houses or flats at Panchkula and Gurgaon. 90 legislators and 10 MPs from the state would benefit from the move.
Gurgaon, adjoining national capital New Delhi, and Panchkula, adjoining state capital Chandigarh, are considered two of the best towns in Haryana for property investment. Land rates in both places have sky-rocketed in recent years.
The decision follows a request from Haryana Assembly Speaker Raghubir Singh Kadian to the state government that legislators and MPs have been demanding land for construction of houses and flats at both places.
The speaker pointed out that the lawmakers were facing lack of proper accommodation for them at Chandigarh during assembly session and on the days of its meetings. Similarly, they also face problem of non-availability of suitable accommodation in Delhi and Gurgaon as they have to visit national capital frequently for various purposes, he added.
As per the decision, only the sitting MLAs or MPs of Haryana would be eligible to apply for a plot or be a member of a group housing society to build flats. Those sitting MLAs and MPs who have been allotted plots under discretionary quota of the government either in their own names or the names of their spouses would not be eligible for the scheme, officials said.
- Haryana panel formed on takeover of Chautala trusts - Aug 24, 2011
- Haryana allots land to 25 projects worth Rs.3,500 crore - Jun 27, 2010
- In spotlight: Haryana's land acquisition policy - Aug 30, 2010
- Haryana is first state free of hookah bar: Official - Jul 11, 2012
- Haryana likely to enhance land acquisition rates - Aug 31, 2010
- State assemblies: fewer sittings, scarcer debates - Dec 29, 2011
- Gurgaon, Panchkula, Faridabad to get radio cabs - Apr 18, 2011
- Suspended INLD lawmakers hold 'parallel' session - Aug 24, 2011
- Ex-legislator alleges housing scam in Madhya Pradesh - Nov 21, 2010
- Supreme Court breather for 5 HJC legislators - Jan 04, 2012
- Lok Sabha adjourned over Haryana land to Rajiv trust - Aug 18, 2011
- Draw for flats for poor in Gurgaon cancelled - Jul 30, 2011
- Land favours to Hooda aide irks court - Nov 05, 2010
- Lawmakers' duties not defined, reveals transparency law query - Aug 19, 2010
- Haryana to reserve 10 percent industrial plots for NRIs - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: allotment, assembly session, assembly speaker, attractive towns, chief minister, discretionary quota, hooda, housing society, investment land, kadian, lawmakers, members of legislative assembly, members of parliament, mlas, mps, panchkula, property investment, raghubir singh, state cabinet, suitable accommodation